Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Get a contractor to do a load calc, coldbud.

Guessing is bad.

The debate was not over whether or not I could match your load calc. It was whether or not I could choose the right equipment for your home, and I did.

Ho Hum, Ho Hum,

Still waiting around to get splattered.

He probably went to bed.

I probably would have too if I would of lost. lol

So lets get this straight, even after you find the load is 31k, you still think 24k will do the job at design conditions, and the oversized evap and 450 cfm/ton is for extra latent capacity, am I reading all this right?

Originally posted by fat eddy
    I probably would have too if I would of lost. lol
    You don't want to go there, eddy. You didn't "win" anything.

let the wife go into menapause and chuck ya load cals out the windows hahaha

Wait, maybe this setup has one of those modulating cap tubes

Funny Fox...I see ya in the same area as myself. Just more North then me. Iam soooo down on H/O this week freaking cry wolf asses they are sometimes.

What part was I wrong on, do tell me please. he did a load calc it came out to 31k which is less than 2.5 ton but close, load calcs in general tend to oversize by 20% that puts me right on the money and I assure that the size I chose would handle his home on any design day.

He also stated that he chose to go with a two speed compressor and that he got good dehum when it was running at low speed ( which is probably all the time) low speed is typically 60%, 60% of 36k is about 21k.

You are always better off undersizing than oversizing if you undersize you will get better pressures in your system.

The 36k unit kept his home at 67 when it was 107 out, would that make you think that it is still grossly oversized?

He actually ended up with exactly what I recommended a two ton unit with an oversized coil. And thats all he needed for design conditions. Case Closed,

Originally posted by BamaCracker
    Well dang!

The load calc called out 31,650 total capacity.

But, the truth is, you did not meet the challenge you threw down for yourself. The two tons you specified would have me calling you out to replace or correct it.

Perhaps it is not rocket science, but you are NOT doing it correctly.
    That 2 ton Fast Eddy's going to put in is probably 23,000 BTU, maybe less with an oversized coil. So you missed by
    3\4 of a ton. Thats 30% off or a failing grade.
    Don't wait around waiting for him to change it out to 3 ton if your check cleared already.
    Oh and no load calc's don't oversize heat load by 20%.

I would go with the fella that wants your buis. enough to do a heat load. Then follow advice. I would disagree w Fat Eddie @ lean towards the 3 ton, in my experience, slightly oversizing is more beneficial in the long run.(We are in a dry climate here tho) . Heating wise, Hands down to slight oversize. Ductwork permitting.
    Undersizing is best done with human practices. Dieting, saving money, not getting upset or believing your perfect,or cant learn anything, @ so on. Pehaps you Fat eddie, could undersize some of these issues, Then we all can say your a Fit Eddie.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast