Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Name:  colt.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  1.8 KB

Nothing beats this baby...close range or several yards and someone is in a world of hurt...loaded with Corbons, "flying ashtrays".

Quote Originally Posted by Senior Tech View Post

Nothing beats this baby...close range or several yards and someone is in a world of hurt...loaded with Corbons, "flying ashtrays".
    I know it is a sore subject to some so I will say this politely...

Corbon ammo is not up to par with others. You should so some research into your carry ammo. I provided a great link at the bottom of the last page.

Use the best tools you have available to you, especially when your life depends on it.

ETA - Nice looking pistol you have there.
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

5" .45 ACP or for CCW 4.25"

Wink I also own the Mossberg 590

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    For some reason, I'd be afraid of over penetration with an AK,or, a .45 for that matter. Unless you live in the country, that is.

Maybe I'm just a bad shot but, for home defense, shot gun for me.
    Pistol grip tactical shotgun which is loaded with 8 rounds and is used as my front door gun.

Twilly says projectile diarrhea will keep anybody away from you.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    while your all arguing over bullet size. (bird shot is NOT a good home defense round)

This guy has some great information on Penetration and caliber size

http://www.theboxotruth.com/

as for the the Kriss, go look at the "trouble shooting guide" lot of stuff made of plastic and other things that can break.

I suspect there is going to be a lot of broken firearms out there

From the "Box o Truth" website:
    This is false for several reasons. The main reason is that no birdshot load will reach the required 12 inches of penetration needed for STOPPING a bad guy from whatever he is doing to threaten your life. Birdshot makes a very nasty, yet shallow wound, and will not reach the vital organs or CNS.
    While he methodically measured and weighed all of the buckshot pellets, he tossed this gem out as gospel truth.

Birdshot may indeed create a shallow wound, but when that wound is centered on your friggen chest, it isn't going to be a very good day for you.

I would like to see a side-by-side shooting comparison at 3-5 yards or LESS of birdshot vs buckshot. I seriously doubt that a human being could survive a blast of #7s to the chest from across a room.

I keep a .357 in the nightstand drawer loaded with Glaser safety slugs and those are backed up with 125gr Hydra-shoks in a speed loader. My shotgun is a field gun with a 26" tube and very difficult to manage in close quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    From the "Box o Truth" website:

While he methodically measured and weighed all of the buckshot pellets, he tossed this gem out as gospel truth.

Birdshot may indeed create a shallow wound, but when that wound is centered on your friggen chest, it isn't going to be a very good day for you.

I would like to see a side-by-side shooting comparison at 3-5 yards or LESS of birdshot vs buckshot. I seriously doubt that a human being could survive a blast of #7s to the chest from across a room.

I keep a .357 in the nightstand drawer loaded with Glaser safety slugs and those are backed up with 125gr Hydra-shoks in a speed loader. My shotgun is a field gun with a 26" tube and very difficult to manage in close quarters.
    hey, it's your butt, do what makes you happy.

when I'm home, I keep my Glock 22 handy at ALL TIMES. and when I'm at my cabin in the Adirondacks I keep the 12 ga handy. Up there I'm not worried about people, I'm worried about Coyotes, Bears and the occasional critter wondering into the cabin
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Quote Originally Posted by Senior Tech View Post

Nice Gold Cup....

Feed the beast only Golden Sabers +P.

I like it whey we/ya'll argue about nuthin. Amazing how so many of us like the same things. I'm all for a Large Caliber Hand Gun. .45ACP. After having some Full Auto experience... If we get to choose what the COW (choice of weapon) will be, there's several factors. 1. How Close is Close? 2. How Many Targets? 3. Do we have to worry about innocent people and where are they? 4. How much time do I have. (3 seconds or?)

10 Yards or less, One Target, 3 seconds. .45 ACP
    20 Yards, Multiple Targets, 12 Gauge Riot Gun.

I normally keep my Riot gun loaded like this, 2 Slugs and 000 Buck. Not to many people will walk away from a 12 ga slug at 50 yards.

MG's are for TV. If you only get three squirts out of a clip you'd better be good and fast.

I like this piece below. Legal? Not here in SC!

Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

Quote Originally Posted by zw17 View Post
    If any of you are seriously interested in a crash course in wound ballistics, FBI independent testing procedures for ammunition, the best CCW ammunition, bullet penetration, weight retention, and expansion....

Please read the link below. It was put together by some very smart people in the industry and the good folks at AR15.com.

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_De..._FAQ/index.htm
    That is one GREAT link! Lots of good reading there!

THX!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Talking AK 47s

Cool My avatar

Shows my new gun

The .45 is my favorite caliber in a hand gun. Glock 21 w/ hollow points in my night stand w/ 3 extra mags and a little spot light on the bottom.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast