Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

rheem eh?

the models are the carrier perforamnce series 80% efficient with 2 stage heating and a 12 seer outdoor unit. the rheem is criterion II plus 2 also 80% 2 stage heating also using a 12 seer outdoor unit. lol i cant read the numbers the guys wrote. can only read the brochures. thanks for all your comments.
    Tony

Which Carrier A/C? The cube or the better one?

Furnaces, Rheem uses spark ignition, simple & reliable. Carrier still uses the old silicon carbide ignitors which tend to have a fairly short life, change every 3-7 years depending upon environment.

Hard to beat a Rheem A/C. Copeland scroll, 12 SEER would use a TXV indoor coil for better part load humidity control. Most 12 SEER units have high & low pressure protection.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Is either one a "variable speed indoor fan",consider it if they aren't.Look at Carrier Infinty control,if you go variable speed,great indoor comfort.

Thanks

we went with rheem thanks for all your comments. the rheem came with a 10 year parts and labor warranty and the carrier had a 5 year.
    Tony

Just would like to know for my own future reference,did it come down to the length of the warranty only, or was there other variables involved ?

eddy

the warranty played a big role. but everyone i talked to one here and off said rheem was a better brand and the cost was lower. but yes the warranty was a factor as well.

Sorry to go against everyone elses opinion here but i find rheem's to not be so technician friendly. My advice Carier or Trane

Rheem is the best bang for the buck. you made a wise choice.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12