My HVAC contractor is in the final phase of installing my new AC system (Carrier 38TXA 3 ton). They have hit a small stumbling block trying to interface the Infinity controller with my system. They are doing some research, but I thought I'd ask here.

My heating system is hot water baseboard with a Burnham boiler controlled thru a Taco zone control (3 zones). The Infinity control will be installed in the main hallway. The current thermostat in the hall controls one heat zone and all cooling.

Any ideas how this thing should be wired up? Thanks.

There is really no way to do this. Infinity is designed to work with only the FE air handler or the 80% and 90% gas furnaces. It is not a thermostat, it is a communicating interface for those blower units.

The pump could be controlled by the emergency heat output of the air handler if the control is "fooled" correctly, but the air handler would have to be on and blowing anytime there was a heat call. Since you would most likely not want the airflow, you will have to have seperate thermostat for the heating.

Thanks for the reply. I'm leaning towards just going with 2 t-stats. One for heat and one for cooling. My original boiler was wired to be "fooled". No lack of heat, but it sure made the gas meter spin. That was a nightmare.

there is the Network Interface Module, for non-communicating equipment!

nope. won't work with a nim. the nim is for non-communicating outdoor units.