Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yes I made note of the info and will read all the post you recomended thanks I was saying the other poster was not helpful with his suggestion of switching schools. I am 6 weeks away from graduation.

Thanks again.

Talking

This is what I stated in my post in the Pro forum, someone has to start checking these schools out'
    The biggest College of Technology in Manhattan has instructors from everywhere that can hardly speak English, but were hired because they had a Degree from God knows where.
    When I sat in one evening they had an instructor from Iran that kept referring to the unit as the "icebox". When I confronted the chairman of the department, he told me "This man has a College degree, you do not". I said yes thats why I am here to get a degree, but if this is the quality of instuctors NO Thank you
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

If you really cant answer questions why do you answer posts??

I gave you an answer
    get out of that school or press the instructor untill he answers.
    that is if you really want to learn to do more than pass a 100 question test.

If that is to complicated for you to understand now, maybee you will after you finish paying for a school that you learned incorrect information at or cant keep a job because you learned from a lame school

I only asked a question about charging not how to change schools when I have an question that cant be answered.

where Im from DIYers a) cant get refrigrant b) better not get caught with it..specially a a/c contractor.

lost tract of the original poster so I'll just answer the question...i personally dont like to add liquid to the high side. put ya some into the suction side (gas not liquid) break your vacuum..do a electronic check, add some more gas, turn disconnect on, and let it run while adding, rule of thumb for me..5 tn and below the compressor can't handle liquid, if ya must throttle it in, dont add more then 10 psi of the statc pressure.. hopefully just outta school your just running residental so it's smaller stuff, go slow and do it right, do it by super heat not sub-cooling. of course these opions are those of me. other people may do it differently, i go on more call backs due to over charging then anything.. so be careful, take your time, untill your comfortable just add gas

Originally posted by jeffflk
    do it by super heat not sub-cooling.
    It would depend on the metering device.

-------

What do you mean by break your vacuum and do an electronic check?
    -------

I'm not trying do disrespect your suggestions I just question some of them.

I know that I am going to get 'smashed' for this, but....

If a system is empty, I add liquid refrigerant to the liquid line ( gages on both sides, of course ) and will watch my suction gage pressure. When the suction pressure reaches about 110#,( have to be careful not to overcharge ) I stop adding, crank up the system, and complete my charging.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    do it by super heat not sub-cooling.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not to me it wouldn't, I would never advise someone inexperienced to charge liquid into the liquid line. thats not how they teach them..do you think he know what bad valve look like ?

break your vacumm with some 22 (in the lines) and do a electronic leak check

I took it as NO disrespect..Just a honost conversation of professionals that all have different ways of getting the same thing done

I'm not trying do disrespect your suggestions I just question some of them.

I am 6 weeks away from graduation.
    and you havnt learned how to properly charge an ac unit?
    and you have to repay those loans? did you get your moneys worth?

Okay now, men.

Let's play nice.

All programs are not equal.
    Even the worst school has SOME merit, I guess.

It looks like the thread starter is in one of those "less-than-perfect" situations.

ct2, your first experience was like that, too.
    Remember the frustration?

Something in this thread led me to believe it might be just an EPA certification class, or maybe a minimal certificate of some kind.

I wish there was some way to compare apples to apples, but I don't see it here.

Maybe if we knew what school...

Nevermind.

not to me it wouldn't, I would never advise someone inexperienced to charge liquid into the liquid line. thats not how they teach them..do you think he know what bad valve look like ?

The way I do it is to charge a piston type sytem using superheat and a txv system using subcooling. I like to watch what both sub and sh are doing though. Charging the system using one of these methods has nothing to do with the state of the refrigerant when you put it in. I've seen to many wet guys flush the oil out of a compressor with liquid also.

break your vacumm with some 22 (in the lines) and do a electronic leak check

That's fine. I like to do my nitro/r22 check before I run the vacuum pump.

I took it as NO disrespect..Just a honost conversation of professionals that all have different ways of getting the same thing done

I agree 100%.

ok, so it sounds like we could use that artical on how to properly charge a system

Originally posted by ct2
    ok, so it sounds like we could use that artical on how to properly charge a system
    Ahhhh just charge it till you got 70 psi on the low side and you're ok.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast