Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Is it true that if you are not sure how much to charge due to no service tag.

You can check the subcooling of a machine that has been running and if you are below 10-15 you add refrigerant till its the temps you want?

That may work, but it would be assuming that a lot of other things went very right.

Is it true that if you are not sure how much to charge due to no service tag.

You can check the subcooling of a machine that has been running and if you are below 10-15 you add refrigerant till its the temps you want?

If you are truely a student AND NOT A DIYer LOOKING FOR CHARGING INFORMATION that would be a good question for you to ask your instructor--so he can determine what his next lesson plan should be

Wont they tell you that over at the diy site anymore?

Originally posted by ct2
    ...Wont they tell you that over at the diy site anymore?
    Do you know something we don't?

I am a student and not a diy person. The thing is that my school is full of english is a second language teachers and I cant understand every lesson.

Originally posted by jtphoto95
    I am a student and not a diy person. The thing is that my school is full of english is a second language teachers and I cant understand every lesson.

What's your primary language?

I am american and my primary language is english.

Let me add a twist to this question also...

Suppose you are hooking up (or filling with freon) a system that's completely dry, but still working. There's no tag for how much to put in. You can't start it up dry, how much do you put in before you can start it up check for super heat/sub cooling?

am a student and not a diy person. The thing is that my school is full of english is a second language teachers and I cant understand every lesson.

JT : I to am a student. The school I began going to was the type that the instructor of the HVAC program boasted about all of the wonderfull things he has done, and the few things he demonstrated were by far the most dangerousthings I have seen any one ever do.

I couldnt understand him either - why he would teach anyone to do so many stupid dangerous things wasbeyond me

so I left and I suggest that if you cant understand your instructor or get good solid answers to any question you have for him---find another school now! His job is to teach- yours is to learn - get another teacher you can understand

I know this is incorrect but the way we were shown in the class I mentioned above , was to draw Liquid into the suction line with the vacume created by evacuating the system and then add untill 10 deg of sub has been achived

but everything else we were shownhas turned out to be wrong so I cant imagine this to be correct eitther

More then once I have heard that I should transfer to a better school.

My school isnt free and I am in it to the end because I am tied up with school loans.

This stuff isnt transferable. Your sugguestion of finding another school would mean mean getting more money and oweing twice as much for the info for a 100 question epa exam.

If you really cant answer questions why do you answer posts??

Originally posted by jtphoto95
    I am american and my primary language is english.
    Sorry, I misread your post.

It's the instructors that don't speak English.

Now I understand the difficulty.

Did you refer to the links I posted earlier?

They are rich with information.
    You would do well to start there.

I would not employ the method you described as a primary method for charging all systems.
    That method could be used on some, but better methods exist for others.

Good luck.

Be sure you read your testbooks, AHEAD of time.
    You can only get out of school what you are willing to put into it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast