Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just curious...

Plenty of heat, after the fire starts.....

By fire, do you mean the fire that diceman is going to light, or the fire from running a large computer room off a 15 amp breaker, (hard wired really, no breaker, just welded the wire to the bus bar)....

Servers produce their own heat....lots of it.......where have you been? That along with lighting, the fat cows operating them, dogs runnning around and latent heat build up from the recent solar eclipse, and you see those rooms don't need any heat....not even if they were in Alaska.....so........
    Please, concentrate on cooling a medium server room now.....time is running out.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Well the most recent RSES magazine I saw was talking about refrigeration in Antartica, so I figured heating was needed for a room that heats itself....

NEED MORE INFO. You know......like trying to cool a small server room. HAHAHAHAH.
    Saddle Up!

Are you all stupid, just build the large server room above the medium server room. Heat rises "remember" wow you guys are a little slow today (actually everyday) things are sputtering around here without the help of you know who from the you know where tread. We are never going to get that medium size server room running right anyway so atleast the large server room will stay warm, even we cant screw that up.

Note; when I said we that didn't include me.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

I prefer my servers on the small side.

Waitress!!!

Big fat ones, although friendly, take up too much room & don't do anything for my appetite.

Don't forget to take into consideration the color of the walls,the color of the employees etc ,dark colors will hold a lot of heat.

Originally posted by valdelocc
    Don't forget to take into consideration the color of the walls,the color of the employees etc ,dark colors will hold a lot of heat.
    I think there are laws against that.....
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

If there that much heat see if you can get some of the equipment, ducts and grilles from one of the Kmarts that closed.
    Saddle Up!

Heating a large server room is always a challenge ,First there are some many building codes and laws that I' can't keep up with all of them.
    Maybe you should go big,just in case the owners deside to expand to an extra-large server room ,better safe than sorry.
    First you should buy a couple of dual compressor centrifugal chillers around 1000 tons a piece, them get 6 or 7 fan coil units position them around the room ,you are going to tie up the fan coil units to the chillers condenser water (dont use hard pipe ,garden hoses are ok ) ,creating a close loop ,then you should buy a couple of boilers and tied up in the same manner to the chillers coolers , that way you will be saving the owners tons of money by recycling the heat generated by the boilers that otherwise would had been rejected by the towers.You got an strong selling point here,feel free to thank me latter.
    I' have not figure out how to control the units yet and this is just a rough plan based on a bright idea but we get there some day! ,keep me posted.

I'd go with a glassed in area, taking advantage of the greenhouse effect. To increase the greenhouse effect, you could time release any number of refrigerants into the space.
    Here's the bonus to such a room, anyone could plainly see the millions of dollars worth of equipment. This will make the bragging about your room much easier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast