Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TopTech 751H tstat vs Honeywell IAQ

I was at a supply shop today to pick up something. I saw these Toptech thermostats. They had some nice thermostats. I liked some had wireless capability. Anyways I saw the toptech's 751H thermostat which had humidity control as a feature. I really liked that for dehumidifying it could slow down the air handlers blower as it stats in the manual. Has anyone used this before? How you think it compares to the Honeywell IAQ in dehumidifying? It also has humidification capability. The price for the thermostat was good too and it wasn't expensive like the honeywell iaq.

here's a link to it if anyone wants to see it

http://toptech.pro1iaq.com/products/TT-N-751H.html

install manual

http://toptech.pro1iaq.com/resources...51H_in_man.pdf

Someone will have to confirm,but I think the Honeywell IAQ will do low speed fan DH without additional relays. I've never hooked it up to anything other than whole house DH units so I could be mistaken. The IAQ has a ton more features and options.If you want to spend as little as possible, get the TopTech. If you want the best get the Honeywell.

Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaDave View Post
    Someone will have to confirm,but I think the Honeywell IAQ will do low speed fan DH without additional relays.
    You read the manual of the Toptech? I saw it said in there that some system's may need some sort of relay when hooking up for dehumidify. I have the Honeywell IAQ my self and yes it doesn't require any additional relay when you hook it up to an air handler. Ya the Honeywell IAQ has tons of more features. I was just a bit amazed to see in the Toptech the function of dehumidifying by slowing the fan speed down. Usually to get something like that you have to get a nice high end tstat. Other then that, if the tstat does say it has humidity control it's usually by overcooling and not by lowering the fan speed. I am going to recommend these tstats to 2 friends of mine, who recently had new trane systems installed in their homes.

Yeah I skimmed over it briefly. Looks to be designed by the same company that made Totaline (Carrier Parts) T-stats which I was never a fan of. Had alot of burnt out backlights and blotchy displays but that was 10 years ago.

Your right it is totaline. The store I went to was a totaline front store. lol but the tstat looked pretty nice. Maybe they have gotten better? Or maybe not, I really dont know, I never seen them anywhere else or in anybody's home. I did like the wireless one. You can add the wireless remote/sensor in another room or area. That looked pretty fancy.

http://toptech.pro1iaq.com/products/TT-S-955WH.html

TT-N-751H

Gentlemen...saw the thread and thought I would try and shed some light for clarity...hope this helps.

The TT-751H is a totally different animal that the Honeywell IAQ or the Honeywell #TH8321. The 751 is strictly a non-programmable with much lower cost. It does dehumidification either by Dehumidifier or running the equipment (Y1) and can slow the fan down using a simple relay. The install instruction show how the relay makes the normally open terminal a normally closed. it also can run humidification for regions using humidifiers during the heat mode.

If you want touch screen and programmability with humidity control then you would look at the TT-S-955WH. The advantage here is it a wireless stat with optional wireless sensors. it also allows the contractor to program in their phone number on a service alert.

These stats are NOT Totaline thermostats, but they are exclusive to CE Distributing. They are NOT made by the same company that made or makes the Totaline stats. Honeywell currently makes the Totaline stats.There are NO issues on displays or backlighting...must be mixing them up with some other manufacturer. Hope that info helps. You can go to [URL="http://www.toptechparts.com"] to get install instructions as well as brochures. These are relay based stats...no triac switches.

Also sold as Pro1 and whatever they are called through Rheem, probably Protech.

http://jacksonsystems.com/search/mfg/2649

You would need the relay for most DOD setups. Nordyne would be an exception since they do it backwards of the rest on their G7 furnaces.

Thanks for the 411!

So would the relay be a must or it does it matter on the system? Your right about the lower cost of these tstats as I was pretty amazed at the price at the supply shop. I really like the wireless feature of the TT-S-955WH with the wireless indoor sensor. I like that you can place the sensor anywhere and you can use it to turn on and off the ac. lolll I am planning to remove my Honeywell IAQ and give it to my dad who just got a new Trane installed a few weeks ago and I want to buy the TT-S-955WH with the indoor sensor for my York system.

They are just Pro1IAQ stats sold under another name.
    http://www.pro1iaq.com
    Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do

I like the TopTech thermostats...just don't get over to the supplier that sells them in my area very often. From what I gather the Honeywell IAQ is really a nice stat but may be overkill unless you are planning on add-on IAQ sales down the line or plan to utilize IAQ on a new install.
    "Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"-Dr. Strangelove (1964)

There are some difference from TopTech to Pro1. The TT-N-751, the TT-N-751H and the TT-851 are exclusive to TopTech. In 2011 there will also be more features put inot the Toptech that will not appear in the Pro1 series. Also the plastic will also change so besides additional feature set there will also be plastic appearance difference. Again, hope that helps from an information stand point.

Later in 2011 you will not need a relay to decise on a normally open or normally closed relay for the dehumidification options. It will be done through the software in the installer setup of the thermostat.

The TopTech thermostats are 'defeatured' PRO1 Thermostats - NonProgrammable Only and NOT Energy Star Rated so it does not qualify for any potential rebates under the http://www.dsireusa.org/ rebates.

The T755H , only a few dollars more is universal. Non Programmable, Programmable (EnergyStar Rated) and has the Humidity Control

Old Totaline thermostats were made by VenStar.

Airstar

Top tech stats are NOT defeatured pro1 stats. In fact the top tech stats are a more complete line than the pro 1 stats since the offering is bigger.

Energy star program is gone for stats and may not comeback around for years depending upon the ability for the organization to come to an agreement on what the standards and qualifications should be.

Go to www.toptechparts.com to see the complete offering

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast