Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by dhvac
    Here is the problem as I see it; ours has become a society of victims. No one can or will take responsibility for their own actions. Look around see how there are people that have a rather bad life and there is nothing they can do about it and it is everyone else’s fault. Hell look in the mirror how often do we have a bad day and we feel the need to blame someone besides ourselves for it. We have no family values as a whole in this country, it is ok to get married have a couple kids and then run away from it all because it’s too hard. People slow down wake up and take a look around this is America. Why is it that we have become a society that thinks survival of the weakest is the way to go used to be if you didn’t work you didn’t eat but god forbid we clean out the sess pool part of our society we would rather help everyone even if they don’t deserve it. Ok now that a lot of you are pissed off good cause here it comes before you answer with a smart ass remark about how it isn’t you or anyone you know, WHO DID YOU ELECT TO RUN THIS COUNTRY. Not just G.W. but all the way down to you towns Mayer and how much did you know about them before you pulled the handle. And if you didn’t vote then you have no right to *****!! I know putting the right people in office won’t fix everything but it’s a damn good start!
    It starts in school, teachers unions are to strong and they are indoctrinating our kids into a liberal mentality, also at youth sports where the score doesn't matter, its just for fun and we don't want the kids getting a complex, ha thats exactly what they end up with. They don't learn how to deal with failure or thier own limitations or how to build off of success. And then add in parents that are exhausted if there are even two parents and an entertainment industry determined to undermine them. And big business that teaches them that they never have enough and should spend and spend to be happy. Well there I hope i've ruined your day by confirming some of your thoughts.

................Try to think good thoughts................
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Originally posted by vmc1161
    [
    It starts in school, teachers unions are to strong and they are indoctrinating our kids into a liberal mentality, also at youth sports where the score doesn't matter, its just for fun and we don't want the kids getting a complex,[/B]
    You can't be serious with that crap can you?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Paul Harvey said that girl had

damage to all major internal organs. I've been sick about it for 2 days. How? How? How?
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Angry

No Moral values--T.V.-C.D..X-box and Camera phones.

I wish that we would go back to the time where, mom would go outside a get a switch and woop our ass if we didn't do what we were told...

Today's mom's have TIME OUT ..Time out for them is time enough to get another idea to get over on there parents..

My are grown and doing ok,thanks to ass woop'n they got.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

People that are abused as kids, grow up to be abusers.
    Kids raised by A-Holes, grow up to be A-Holes. It is the cycle that is hard to break, some have broke it, usually by intervention from someone else.
    We now have 6 billion people in the world, up 4 billion from about 100 years ago. Remember only bad news makes the headlines, simple math will show you if 1% of the population is messed up, we now have a lot more slimeballs making the news these days. Add to that the fact a lot more is reported than ever before and it can paint a gloomy picture of our world.
    There is no simple solution to any of this, just like a million people were killed in Rawanda a few years back had no answers.
    I guess the human race is just a long way from being trully civilized, a long way.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Diceman
    I guess the human race is just a long way from being trully civilized, a long way.
    Your talking about me aren't you.

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Yep............

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Yep............
    I don't blame you one bit.

Originally posted by aircooled53
    I wish that we would go back to the time where, mom would go outside a get a switch and woop our ass if we didn't do what we were told...
    My mom made me go out and locate a switch myself, "and it better be a good one, or your really gona get it!". Talk about pressure!
    In retrospect, it was a good thing, because it inserted some calm down time between the burst of anger and the handing out of punishment. As a child at the time though, having to pick the instrument of my punishment was almost as bad as the punishment itself!

I gave up hope for modern society and our political system years ago. I vote, but it is almost depressing. I think Southpark was dead on with the "every election is a choice between a big douch bag and a **** sandwich" line.

My ideas for solving the problems are becoming more and more nihilistic.

I'm a nihilistic libertarian, fear me if I ever become ruler of the earth!
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Nothing is wrong with the planet. Its the people on the planet that cause the problems. Its only going to get worse. As population increases the respect for human life declines. Sociology 101.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by mark beiser
    Originally posted by aircooled53
    I gave up hope for modern society and our political system years ago. I vote, but it is almost depressing. I think Southpark was dead on with the "every election is a choice between a big douch bag and a **** sandwich" line.
    If hope is given up, then everything is for naught. My father once cursed me with hoping I never will a lottery, but then justified it with "because if you do, what use are you to yourself and society?" We can do what we are willing to believe we can do. One parent was an alcoholic and abused presciption drugs. I drink perhaps 2 or 3 drinks in an average month and abuse no drugs. One parent smoked for 44 years I quit smoking 5 years ago after 20 (and there's nothing worse than a convert!) Little things, yes..don't tell me people can't change... If every person were to change one thing about themselves everyday, that would be 2.19 trillion changes in the human race in one year. Unfortunately, we are creatures of habit more than anything else.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2˘.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

in the south we say find a tree and get a rope then we get er done that crap dont fly here

Originally posted by duc dowg
    in the south we say find a tree and get a rope then we get er done that crap dont fly here
    Unless you, or your kids, happen to be the one getting hung.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast