Thread: Best System

Post Likes
    Wants to replace his system.
    He asked, what is the best system he can buy for his money?
    Isn’t looking for the most expensive system, but wants one that is very reliable and is willing to pay for it.
    I am stumped. Help!
    Any suggestions?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Carrier "Infinity", two speed outdoor unit,heat pump,or if gas with a two stage furnace.

Follwed by other brands/models that can at least get close to it.

Post Likes
    I'll second that!

Post Likes
    The best system will be whatever the best contractor wants to put in. Tell your friend to worry about finding the best man. Then put in whatever machine he recommends. And if that contractor happens to like the furnace with integrated pressure gauge system (Infinity ), then so be it.

Read this.

Post Likes
    Which ever system I choose to install today!

Post Likes
    Any system that is installed in a envelope that was design
    around the hvac system and the people living there.

Post Likes
    Where does he live?

I'll go with dash if he lives in a steamy climate where dehumidification is a priority.

In a cold climate, the Rheem/Ruud modulator blows away his beloved MVP in heating comfort.

Post Likes
    I always felt that all thigs being equal. Rheem\Ruud was the best bang for the buck.

Post Likes
    Rheem/Ruud 90% gas furnace is the best on the market IMHO.

Their mods on the market for quite some time now are a light year beyond any two stage with VS motor.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes
    I would doubt you need a gas furnace assuming it will be installed in southern California. There seems to be a 10° swing in design temps. between the urban and airport area there. Based on weather conditions in that area (east coaster here) I would likely opt for Lennox's HPXB15 (14SEER) with VS air handler as you aren't likely to recover the costs of a higher SEER system over it's life expectancy. Remember however this is the opinion of someone who has no experience sizing systems for the left coast. There are some members here from your area who have experience with the climate and suitable system selections there.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Post Likes
    Just my opinion, but if I want the "best" system for the money I would look at a few things.

1. reputation and track record of the company.
    2. annual cost of running the system (SEER).
    3. warranty, who has the longest factory warranty.

I dont care too much for gas furnaces, they dry out the air too much, and in the South gas is just too dang expensive. We inatsll about 6 heat pumps to every 1 gas furnace.

Will a load calc be done on the house? I just converted my parents from straight cool to heat pump, and went from 10 SEER to 12 SEER. After running a load calc, I was able to use a system that is a full ton smaller than what they had before.
    "If you can't fix it, don't break it."

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in