Thank you in advance for any input you might have.

We are building a new house, approximately 6000 sq ft, in the philadelphia area. There are a few things on our must have list: in floor radiant heating for the first floor, second floor heating in floor radiant and/or wall mounted radiators.

We have small kids with allergies, so air quality is very important to us.

Our primary source of energy is gas.

If you were building a new state of the art (in terms of quality, not necessarily gadgetry), what would it include?
    Are the high quality boilers such as buderus and viessman worth the price (and if you had an opinion, which one would you choose?). what other equipment would you have in this system?

I know this is a broad topic but i would appreciate any thoughts.

Both brands mentioned are excellent boilers, quality of install is #1. Do your homework and research the contractors who are bidding the project, this will be the key to success no matter what system you choose. Good Luck, Michael
    Proud supporter of Springfield Millers and Oregon Ducks.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    With allergies,;
    1.Top of the line filtration,if you plan to have ducted cooling.Some means of year round filtration ,as well.

2.Recovery type,fresh air ventilation,to dilute the VOC's(volatile organic componds),found in tighter built homes today.

3.UVC light on the A/C coil

Check the "indoor air quality" section on this site.

With the new modulating condensing boilers I would also look into the Weil Mclain Ultra and Heat Transfer Product's Munchkin. These are not as expensise and many are installed out in the field, so parts are more readily available. I try to buy American where I can. The Buderus GB124 is new in the US market and these are few installs out there yet.

Originally posted by durhas
    Thank you in advance for any input you might have.

We are building a new house, approximately 6000 sq ft, in the philadelphia area.
    We have small kids with allergies, so air quality is very important to us.
    Our primary source of energy is gas.

If you were building a new state of the art (in terms of quality, not necessarily gadgetry), what would it include?
    Are the high quality boilers such as buderus and viessman worth the price (and if you had an opinion, which one would you choose?). what other equipment would you have in this system?
    I know this is a broad topic but i would appreciate any thoughts.
    The American Lung ass., Am Medical ass., and EPA state that the critical issues are: Fresh air ventilation to purge pollutants and replace oxygen. Summer humdity control- <50%RH in all areas especially basements and sleeping areas. Low humidity controls mold, dust mites, wood rot, and musty odors. Make-up air for your bath fans, kitchen exhaust hood, clothes drier, and water heaters. +10 merv air filtration to keep air handling equipment clean and remove dust from the air. You may also need winter humidification if your home is not air tight. Excess air infiltration over dries the home. Eastern PA has very humid summers. Conventional heating/cooling supplemented by a ventilating dehumidifier will provide the above requirements for your weather extremes. Allowing your home to exceed 60%RH for many weeks during a wet summer establishes mold/mildew and dust mites that make a unhealthy and uncomfortable.

As a reference read: http://thermastor.com/iap.htm