Thread: make up air ?

Hmm

Eng. A ? I can get the pilot valve to open and it will light but will not bring on main valve. Fireye flame guard, flame rod as sensor. Not getting any signal back from flame rod, adjusted no help, changed rod no help, cleaned ground rod on burner and that did not help. I am down to the controller but not sure, so if any one can help here I would thank you.

Check wire from rod to flame control.

whats the fireye m#?
    is the amplifier replacable?

Get the book on the fireye. It should give you the flame signal value and I think there's a way to get the history out of it as well.

could be the amplifier, could be the wiring to the main fuel valves is not correct. could be a problem with the fuel valve itself. do you get a flame signal? do you get voltage sent out to valves? pull wiring from valve and check for voltage at the correct time, or does the controller lock out prior to trying to open the maion fuel valve?

the fireye is the M series, I changed the connection to the flame rod it was good. I am not getting any readings at the amplfier. It shoul;d be 6-18 dcv, the amp. is replaceable and it is MC 120.
    The fireye is not seeing the pilot but there is one, I even went as far as getting inside the unit to see the flame it is a good pilot flame. strong.

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    Does the flame signal pass through the air switches? Air flow is always an issue. What model of mua?
    I love my job, but paydays Thursday

The flame rod is not the only thing that should cleaned.I would also clean the pilot assy.If you have a flame rod that is not an o.e.m. part it could be grounding out on the burner.Take a look at the rod as it sets in the burner.Is the rod touching anything?If it is to long cut it down a little.most mua's I have worked on will not even allow for ignition trial if there is a safety fault.I would say that if everything is clean,the rod or wiring to it is not grounding out,& you have a pilot flame then it would be a pretty safe bet to replace the fireye flame protector.

[Edited by markwolf on 02-24-2005 at 01:06 AM]
    Take your time & do it right!

Ice on flame rod

Dirty burner like mark says

check wiring to rod, check for ground continuity from burner to fire eye
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Keep in mind that the air switches are in the flame signal
    circuit like Rich says. If its not that then perhaps the
    fireeye is failing to put adequate ac voltage to the flame
    rod.

cleaned and blew out pilot assembly with nitrogen, did not look does the pilot come before main valve in the wireing diagram. I thought that the pilot makes that means that the air switch is made.

sorry that it is taking so long to get back, I am just running myself tin. But thanks for the input.

I did not make it ther today but tommorro looks good hopefully.

no ice on flame rod that is certain

If the pilot lights up,the fireye is getting the microamps signal back and also proven air flow,If you are getting voltage readings to the amplifier inputs but its not putting the dcv signal out to the main valve,then either the amplifier or the fireye are to blame.