Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Hello everyone,
    I need some help to evaluate this product called CFD 24-7 and the website is http://www.epstechnologies.com
    they are saying that they inject this catalyst as aersol or mist into the fire through the air intake and it reduce
    CO, NOx simultanously and also improve fuel efficincy. It also help clean the boiler with a pt. coating and they have quite a few test result to prove it.

Can some help me evaluate this product who has some knowlege about this kind of chemical effect.

Thanks much

never have heard of this one. Would be nice if it works but it kinda made my Spidy senses tingle of snake oil.

CO and Oxides of Nitrogen emissions are big things these days. Just do what Title 5 of the EPA says. Don't even waste your time. You will be fine. There are other ways of cleaning boiler fireboxes. I used to use a steam blast, with the boiler on line. The inside of the boiler tubes is what you need to be worried about.

Well don't you guys think... instead of getting fined and make an investment for low NOx burner. We should try this technology. I talked to the guy and he told us that over a period of 3 month they have reduced about 30 % NOx reduction with 0.0 CO. And they have this system running at Ellsworth Wisconsin Diary or Cheese Plant and they are seeing 5 % Fuel Saving as well as 53 % NOx reduction and they are using this product for about 1 year now.
    I really want to see new technologies work and i would appreciate if you guys read about this so it will help me alot making a discussion on it. They are doing all the emission test for free and for their baseline before they start the test. They also do continuous monitoring after applying their catalyst.
    Check out the website : http://www.epstechnologies.com
    Thanks much and appreciate your input.

[Edited by khk on 02-24-2005 at 10:27 AM]

Well with the 5% savinging in fuel cost, the cost of the catalyst then set up and maintenance I don't know. With the 30% proven reduction levels of NOx and CO, the only thing I can think of is that you might be able to have more boilers on the same EPA permit. See what the EPA says about the product.

khk has 2 posts, both here. both say this stuff must be good. Both posts give the web address begging all to take a look.

I'll bet khk knows more about this product than he's letting on. I'll even bet he sells it.
    Ryan
    Maintenance Guy
    -----------------
    naysayer, skeptic, conspiracy theorist

Like I said. It all sounds good but try to do search on Google for the company or the product and you will get no results. Maybe it is for real and maybe it will help the industry improve who knows. I hope it does.

I'll be back, I have to go vent some freon.

khk

You said the product's results on CO was 0% emissions? Why does't the EPA buy into it? Are you burning gas or fuel oil?

Hello everyone, I don't sell this product but sure am interested in finding out more about it.
    I contacted the tech guy at EPS and he told me all about the chemistry. It does make some sense when i went back to my old chemistry books.

I told this EPS guy to come and answer the questions on this forum.

Another thing is that 0% CO is just one case because it was not very much to begin with.

They have reduced 30~50% NOx and 30~40% CO.

This data is coming off of their graphs and they are willing to share it with anyone interested.

I hope the tech guy from this company come to this forum and answer the question.

By the way we are here on this forum to help each other out and not to pick on each other.

GOD BLESS

They have good results with Natural Gas only.
    I asked them about Coal and they told me they are researching on that.

Just on the surface. A 5% fuel savings is not signicant over a 1 year period. That could be just a result of the weather. Heating degree days? 5% over 5 years---Now you have a better picture.

Some states allow more sulfur in fuel oil than others do. This diffinately has an effect on soot, O2 and CO.

If it really worked some big chemical company would make them a deal they couldn't refuse. This stuff would then be marketed by DuPont or Monsanno.

But hey that is just my first impression of such a product. I would try it with a lot of curiosity.

If this treatment does do what they say then it's a plus for the industry.

Normally in order to gain reductions in NOx & CO a burner would have to run at a much higher temp to burn down the NOx & CO, but looking at their spec sheets this treatment causes a higher temp flame chemicaly without needing more fuel to sustain the burndown time.
    In theory it is possible.

Sounds as if there really isn't a fuel savings if you aren't already using the burndown process to control NOx emissions.

Originally posted by khk
    ...I contacted the tech guy at EPS and he told me all about the chemistry. It does make some sense when i went back to my old chemistry books. ...
    Alright, so how's it work chemically?
    Ryan
    Maintenance Guy
    -----------------
    naysayer, skeptic, conspiracy theorist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast