Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Have you ever had heartburn/acid reflux disease?What is some of the things that you can do for it with out going to the doctor & if you went to the doctor what did they say to you?

Yea, Frame I had it bad! Hard to climb stairs or drink a glass of water. I could look at a doughtnut and get heartburn. The doctor put me on Zantac. I took it for a year. Now I can eat anything. Roy

Did it cost big money?

When I was in the Navy they had put a tube through my nose that went into my stomach. I had to keep that piece of crap there for 5 days so that they could see if I had acid reflux disease. They also put me on Zantac. I have started to get heart burn again but I just plopp plopp fizz fizz and go about my day.
    When Chuck Norris falls in water, Chuck Norris doesn't get wet. Water gets Chuck Norris.

had put a tube through my nose that went into my stomach

I will pass on that.

I have it its something you have to learn to deal with.At the first sign of trouble take otc like pepcid AC or zantac.I have learned to control it like that.Milk helps too.If you smoke that makes it worse cause your stomach thinks thers food there and creates more acid.

I don't smoke but would beer cause it? If I eat pizza then it come on very bad.

Hmm frame

Any thing that will neutral the acid in your stomach. Sometimes it is that little "Check Valve" in your esophagus that has went into a spasm. Nerves, worry, also cause your body to do things to you. It could be like a book I read, I'ts not what you eat. It's what eat's you! Roy

I'ts not what you eat. It's what eat's you!

Thats not good.

Man I used to have it bad - would wake me up in middle of the night - Doc put me on Zantac and that stuff works great!! You can get it without a script - dont think it is that expensive - but I dont have to take it anymore. Found out my biggest enemy was ground black pepper - can eat any hot pepper you can and be fine - but the black stuff does me in - so i backed off it and have been fine since.

Doc put me on Zantac and that stuff works great!! You can get it without a script

Where at?Any drug store?

Yeah - just about anywhere. I have seen it at the grocery stores and pharmacies. Usually 75mg is otc - doc gave me 150mg tablets - so when my health insurance changed and they dropped covering that i would take 2 of the otc's if i was hurting bad.

Thank I will go today & get some.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast