+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LNS <-> XL10 over L-IP

Post Likes
    LNeX on BMS's pc says "Cannot communicate with the device (XL10)" , L-IP chan list shows Everything OK, but LNeX on Care'e pc shows Commision State: Current (Care's pc is connected directly to the XL10). Where shoud be the problem (Care's project, L-IP or pc of BMS)

PS: LNS db exported/imported corectly

Post Likes
    Is this care5.0 or 4.0?

Post Likes
    I tried on both, right now working on 5 b90

Post Likes
    As I understand it LnEx works with the LNS DB and must be able to access this DB to work with devices and LNS will use the the interface medieum ie: IP chan or pclta to communicate with the actual device. Are you trying to use it from your care laptop or the head end? From the front end this is srtaight forword, if from your care laptop this is much more complex, basiclly LnEx can access the LNS on the head end through the LAN or through the Lon Bus itself either way you must be running LNS remote server on the head end. Hope this helps.

Post Likes
    when im cheking it over LON (pcc10) - everything is ok, but over LAN - FAILD. so i think problem can be on L-IP (from loytec) or in the project of care. The LNS server is running but as i understand LNeX comunicates between LNS db and lon-devices over LAN (in my situation). As its writen in the AN003E_LIPandLNS.pdf l-ip have to support my system (ip-10L on the Backbone and FT-10 on channel_1). So maybe its in care? But what option can coz connection trought the LAN and make no different to the LON. So maybe its router? im confused

Post Likes
    Do you have the LnEx users guide, this spells out how to connect over the LAN. You said you can connect to the LNS DB on the head end using the lon connect method so mI assume have configured the LNS remote server to use this method. If you are going to use the (connect over LAN) method you must reconfigure the remote LNS server utility to use this method. Also can you ping the head end PC? If you must be able to see it on the LAN, are you running a software fire wall?

Post Likes

Post Loytec Router

Hi I support the Loytec product and though I may be of some help. You stated that the L-IP had the chan list OK. Besides all the other routers that should be listed, the PC that is running your applications should also be in the channel list. When in configuration you can run test on all the devices on the channel list and they should come up green. If you have done this then all is good. This means that the L-IP is communicating to the the PC and all the other routers.

If you still have problems it is in your applications.
    REgards AGM

Post Likes
    what if i have 3 devices listed and only 2 are in Green (1router and pc), i guess it should be ok, i dont think it can matter my project

Post Likes

sh0x LIP list

The LIP Ethernet to Lonworks router has the option of establishing one LIP to be the configuration Server. so you will list both the PC and all the LIP's on the list. IF you only have one PC and ONE LIP showing green, then the master LIP is not communicating to the LIPs that do not show a green light. You may want to try Pinging it from the PC to insure that you have a correct path. Possibly a connection problem or even an IP number error.

Post Likes
    Just a quick note Care 5.0 build 100 is the latest and greatest i guess.....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in