Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Printer no way around it. Women and gays don't belong in combat arms. Women can't pull their weight aren't strong enough. Gays will duck and run most are sissies and we don't need them either. Let them be troop clerks, typists, cooks, if at all better still not al all. No gays allowed. Thank you, thank you very much
    I understand where you are coming from Glenn, but I really must object to the stereotypical images you are using for both woman and homosexual men.

There are heterosexual men who I would not want at my side in battle and I have known homosexuals and women who I would trust my life to.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Funny how all of the other NATO member countries can somehow function with openly gay members. You seem to forget there is to be no sexual dallying in the army, straight or gay. And as far as gays being sissies, do you want me to look up the S&M leather fraction for you to determine if they are up to the task?

Sounds like the big strong homophobic types are the real sissies if they are not secure enough in their manhood if they go running from a poor little old gay private. Wonder how they ever managed beside a woman?
    I think it is nieve to believe that sex is not going on, gay or straight. Of course people are doing it, it is human nature, and the mililtary does not enforce their policies as strongly as they have in the past.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!!

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post

If a solder's confidence can be shaken so easily by someone's sexual preference I would wonder on their abilities under pressure. And you know what? Don't tell anyone but under don't ask don't tell you probably have a gay guy in your mist and you would not know it. Not knowing which one is gay do you question all your buddies in backing you up?

I would prefer having the gay guy beside me that is a good shot and reacts well under pressure to a straight guy that falls a little short. I would not give a damn if he likes to nuzzle up to a stubbly face as a civilian. But then again I am not threatened by someone else's sexuality (Mind you I may feel a little different in a prison situation.)
    I have no doubt that many closet gays have served bravely and honorably. As a witness to the training and meeting many of my son's fellow Marines, I know that they would be willing to give their life for the lives of their buddies. That being said, I cannot think of a worse social experiment than mixing a bunch of 17-20 years olds in recruit training, who are full of piss, vinegar and testosterone, training them to kill the enemy and then sending them to some sensitivity class.

War and combat is brutal and ugly. Our military is not broke. Why does BO feel the need to force his leftist "feel good" policy on what is probably the last federal department that still works?
    Avatar is a tribute to my Great Grandfather, Andrew Stewart. This pin was one of his advertisements for his heating and plumbing business. I never knew him but must of inherited his love of things mechanical since I am the only blue collar worker in the family

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    Gates is hard core was before Bush after Bush,and beyond B.
    And that show for politics is just show for the press.

Would you prefer the Draft instead ?
    I have not read the entire thread yet, however I kinda like the idea of the draft...

EVERY able-bodied person, when they get out of high school, gets a trip through boot camp. Then they can decide whether to stay in or go to college. Bottom line: IMO it would be good for the country for kids to get a taste of 'tuff' at a young age. Sure a few would struggle... however many would mature... IMO this would be good for the country as a whole.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I have not read the entire thread yet, however I kinda like the idea of the draft...

EVERY able-bodied person, when they get out of high school, gets a trip through boot camp. Then they can decide whether to stay in or go to college. Bottom line: IMO it would be good for the country for kids to get a taste of 'tuff' at a young age. Sure a few would struggle... however many would mature... IMO this would be good for the country as a whole.
    I don't know how feasible this is from a numbers standpoint, but I can definitely see some advantage to every able-bodied American to do a tour in the Armed Forces. I think there would be far fewer young men ending up in our prisons, and the character and work ethic of the American people would improve dramatically. And I think it would be very bad for the Democratic Party.

[quote=printer2;8759351]
    Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post

I have not run for public office so does that take away the validity of my opinion of elected officials? I never had kids of my own, does that negate any words of wisdom I may have? I am not an accountant, guess my opinion on finances are way off base.

Sorry I do not buy the argument.
    I hear what you are saying.. however please listen to what I am saying:

When some one has literally 'been there' (no reference to the mod), they understand things the ones looking in from the outside do not. There are countless examples one could site:
    A tech understand repair more than an engineer... yet the engineer understands design more than the tech.
    A computer whiz understands software better than a causal computer user.
    A professional athlete understand their chosen sport better than a Sunday observer.

Sure, we all have and are entitled to our opinions... but to say one that has not been there knows as much (and has an equally qualified opinion) as one that has been there... is IMO somewhere between arrogance, pride, and childishness.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Whether a person is gay or not has nothing to do with how well they can perform the task at hand. A gay guy or girl can shoot a taliban just as well as anybody else. Don't think they are too busy looking at your ass thinking "oh I got to get me some of that". The government needs to stay the hell out of everybodies bedrooms and worry about running this country and the jackass we have in charge. So what if they are having sex, wouldn't you be too? Just might be with somebody different. So everybody needs to get off of thier homofobic high horse and just get over it. Me personally, I am a lesbien, I like women. haha. Just my opinion. Yes I am a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by basshound71 View Post
    Whether a person is gay or not has nothing to do with how well they can perform the task at hand. A gay guy or girl can shoot a taliban just as well as anybody else. Don't think they are too busy looking at your ass thinking "oh I got to get me some of that". The government needs to stay the hell out of everybodies bedrooms and worry about running this country and the jackass we have in charge. So what if they are having sex, wouldn't you be too? Just might be with somebody different. So everybody needs to get off of thier homofobic high horse and just get over it. Me personally, I am a lesbien, I like women. haha. Just my opinion. Yes I am a guy.
    Well you can keep your "opinion" and I'll tell you what you can do with it. Gays and women don't belong in combat units. There are lots of studies and cases to tell you that.

Check out this post I posted on women in the military and I and others have posted numerous posts on how gays will adversely effect troop morale and lead to a wussy combat unit. Thank you, thank you very much

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showpost.ph...1&postcount=32

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showpost.ph...91&postcount=1
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Wussy like the Roman army, right glenny? Your stupididy truly knows no bounds.

Remember that gays are already in our armed services as are women. You are calling our armed services wussy and I for one wont stand for it.

I've told you before and I'll tell you again: anti-americanslike you should be rounded up and forcibly deported. Love it or leave it, loser.

Bacnet- I put the guy on ignore. Much better than getting inane "living in a van down by the river" commentary. He has no reasoning ability so I'm thinking he is only running double digits on processing power. Bulb's a little dim and when you put it into context you just realize some people are just going to make it up so many rungs on a ladder and you let it go. The guy is running around with a 3' step ladder so the conversion only gets to a certain level. Other than that I think he must a super man in his....

Sysint- you are spot on. I will follow your example with this individual.

I should have put him on ignore during the wikileaks thread where he suggested that he believes that the central tennant of Christianity is "kill 'em all & let God sort it out".

Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    ...I should have put him on ignore during the wikileaks thread where he suggested that he believes that the central tennant of Christianity is "kill 'em all & let God sort it out".
    Well, that just bought you the second drink during the AHR show. Cheers.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast