Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Are you absolutely crazy robo? I guess I have never understood you. No self respecting all American soldier would sit still and ignore to gay men holding hands, etc.

He would either cuss them out for being a bunch of **** tell them to get the hell out of my sight, punch them out, etc. Of course he would be court marshaled and the sissies will stay in and he will leave. All you will have in the combat arms are sissies, losers and punks. No real men to carry the fight to the enemy.

Apparently you can't understand this, refuse to accept it, like gays and their actions in and out of the military or are totally ignorant of reality. If I have somehow misjudged you please let me know. The ball is in your court. Thank you, thank you very much
    OK Glenn, where did I say that homosexual "activity" was ever acceptable? I have no idea how you got what you did from what I posted.

Unless you are suggesting that off base and out of uniform, military persons should harass homosexuals, we are saying the same thing. When men and women are in uniform or in any way representing the military, there should be no reason for sexual orientation to even be an issue.

Years ago I knew a technician who owned his own company who was bisexual. I made a comment to others in front of him once that he was a bisexual tech. He corrected me by pointing out that when he is on the job, he is a businessman and/or a technician and nothing else. Only when he is socializing did he consider himself to be bisexual. I've got no problem with that.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    OK Glenn, where did I say that homosexual "activity" was ever acceptable? I have no idea how you got what you did from what I posted.

Unless you are suggesting that off base and out of uniform, military persons should harass homosexuals, we are saying the same thing. When men and women are in uniform or in any way representing the military, there should be no reason for sexual orientation to even be an issue.

Years ago I knew a technician who owned his own company who was bisexual. I made a comment to others in front of him once that he was a bisexual tech. He corrected me by pointing out that when he is on the job, he is a businessman and/or a technician and nothing else. Only when he is socializing did he consider himself to be bisexual. I've got no problem with that.
    Come on now robo. You are totally ignoring the effect having open gays in military. They leave sleep and fight together in combat and the type of soldier who volunteers for combat is no sissy and doesn't want to be around them in his own unit.

They will get court marshaled and kicked out just like I said. This has to be addressed. It is not doing a 9 to 5 job and going home. You are risking your life and you think there will be anyone left in the service other than sissies, losers and punks you are sadly mistaken.

I have served and there were quite a few outstanding Sgt Rock types who would be "gone with the wind" with no one to take there place if the service allowed open gays. Combat soldiers don't go home their unit is there home. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Funny how all of the other NATO member countries can somehow function with openly gay members. You seem to forget there is to be no sexual dallying in the army, straight or gay. And as far as gays being sissies, do you want me to look up the S&M leather fraction for you to determine if they are up to the task?

Sounds like the big strong homophobic types are the real sissies if they are not secure enough in their manhood if they go running from a poor little old gay private. Wonder how they ever managed beside a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Funny how all of the other NATO member countries can somehow function with openly gay members. You seem to forget there is to be no sexual dallying in the army, straight or gay. And as far as gays being sissies, do you want me to look up the S&M leather fraction for you to determine if they are up to the task?

Sounds like the big strong homophobic types are the real sissies if they are not secure enough in their manhood if they go running from a poor little old gay private. Wonder how they ever managed beside a woman?
    Wow Canada has women in combat units? Have you ever served in a combat unit printer if not don't go preaching that gays and real soldiers will get along. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Come on now robo. You are totally ignoring the effect having open gays in military. They leave sleep and fight together in combat and the type of soldier who volunteers for combat is no sissy and doesn't want to be around them in his own unit.

They will get court marshaled and kicked out just like I said. This has to be addressed. It is not doing a 9 to 5 job and going home. You are risking your life and you think there will be anyone left in the service other than sissies, losers and punks you are sadly mistaken.

I have served and there were quite a few outstanding Sgt Rock types who would be "gone with the wind" with no one to take there place if the service allowed open gays. Combat soldiers don't go home their unit is there home. Thank you, thank you very much.
    Glenn, I agree that homosexuallity should not be "openly" acknowledged in the military. One of the things I think that President Clinton did well was to implement the "don't ask/don't tell" policy.

I do want to address something you keep bringing up about homosexuals being sissies. While the standard stereotype of homosexuals is that they are sissy and effeminine, that is certainly not how all homosexuals behave. Think about Rock Hudson (not too much now). He certainly was no sissy. In my teens, I worked for a flaming fag hair dresser who was in the military and who could and would kick the living crap out of most guys twice his size. This guy was arrested once for taking on three idiots who were taunting him and his clients at his shop. When the police arrived, two of the three were cowering at a distance from Sonny while he was beating the third in the middle of the road with a trash can. Now that's the kind of guy I want watching my back!

Let's keep in mind who we're talking about. I would suggest that the percentage of gay men in the military is roughly what it is in society (and I don't think that's all that high). However- I am of the impression that something like 75% of the women serving in the military are secretly lesbians.

This repeal of DADT will effect the women in the armed services far more than men.

Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    Let's keep in mind who we're talking about. I would suggest that the percentage of gay men in the military is roughly what it is in society (and I don't think that's all that high). However- I am of the impression that something like 75% of the women serving in the military are secretly lesbians.

This repeal of DADT will effect the women in the armed services far more than men.
    What makes you think that so many women in the military are lesbians?

Because just about every lesbian I have ever met is ex military. It makes sense- being a "warrior" is a pretty masculine thing to do.

I suppose we'll know pretty soon for sure once Ask/Tell is rolled out.

The only problem I have in gays being in the military is, I don't condone the gay lifestyle period, because of my belief in God, and the word of God. If you don't believe in God, well all this below is irrelevant. I will say this, if you don't believe this country is being judged by now because of this, and a lot of other corruptible stuff, get your head out of the sand and look around. Regardless of which corruption is responsible, this country is in the worse state it's ever been in morally.

) Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman . It is an abomination. NKJV
    2) Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman , both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them
    3) 1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals , nor sodomites,
    Romans 1:24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
    26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Wow Canada has women in combat units? Have you ever served in a combat unit printer if not don't go preaching that gays and real soldiers will get along. Thank you, thank you very much.
    Elders startled when commander removes goggles, reveals identity

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan -- Maj. Eleanor Taylor caused quite a stir when she was deployed to a remote outpost in the Taliban heartland of western Kandahar last spring.

When the 34-year-old soldier from Antigonish, N.S., took off her blast goggles and helmet, Afghan elders in Panjwaii were taken aback to meet the first woman to command a Canadian infantry company in combat.
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/can...111714729.html

A female soldier from Canada was killed while fighting Taliban insurgents in Afghanistan on Wednesday, military officials said.

Capt. Nichola Goddard, 26, had been serving in Afghanistan with the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry. She was a member of the Royal Canadian Horse Artillery, based in Shilo, Man.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2006/0...istan-cda.html

(Reuters) - A young woman Canadian soldier was killed on Monday in southern Afghanistan and four other soldiers were wounded when their armoured vehicle hit a roadside bomb, the military said on Tuesday.
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE53D4CT20090414

Soldiers march in Toronto Gay Pride parade
    Set up booth in gay village for recruitment drive

Lt. Steven Churm, one of 10 soldiers from across the country who marched in uniform, said their presence sends a message that the Canadian military is inclusive and an equal-opportunity employer.
    http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/...gay-pride.html
    Study Finds Gays Do Not Undermine Canadian Military Performance

Key findings are as follows:

* Lifting of restrictions on gay and lesbian service in the Canadian Forces has not led to any change in military performance, unit cohesion, or discipline.
    * Self-identified gay, lesbian, and transsexual members of the Canadian Forces contacted for the study describe good working relationships with peers.
    * The percent of military women who experienced sexual harassment dropped 46% after the ban was lifted. While there were several reasons why harassment declined, one factor was that after the ban was lifted women were free to report assaults without fear that they would be accused of being a lesbian.
    * Before Canada lifted its gay ban, a 1985 survey of 6,500 male soldiers found that 62% said that they would refuse to share showers, undress or sleep in the same room as a gay soldier. After the ban was lifted, follow-up studies found no increase in disciplinary, performance, recruitment, sexual misconduct, or resignation problems.
    http://www.palmcenter.org/press/dadt...ry_performance
    Canada's military to allow gay weddings on bases
    http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/200...rriage_050119/

Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    What makes you think that so many women in the military are lesbians?
    Had a guy at work say that one of the women in the complex was a lesbian. When asked why he said that he made a pass at her she never responded.

Boy I met a lot of lesbians in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post

I thought that we had already come to the conclusion in another thread that if you've never been there, that if you've never served, that if you've never had to put your life in someone else's trust or asked them to put their trust in you to take care of their life, if you've never had to crawl into a fartsack with another guy to keep from freezing while on a mission, or any of a thousand other things that have to be dealt with on a day to day basis under the worst of circumstances, then you don't have an opinion worth listening to on this subject.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast