Thread: spiders

I opened a york compressor today and saw the biggest recluse I had ever seen . and they say we dont have them here in cali! That thing had a body the size of a small snail--and two black widows were the next find

I just hope they ended up as a greasey spot under your foot ct. We have the same problem here in AL. My conclusion is, there's only one good kind of spider.....a dead one.
    "If you can't fix it, don't break it."

Talking

You better watch out for the spider huggers if you squash one of those out there in liberal land. They have feelings too, you know.

I carry wasp spray that shoots 15', sprays for fire ants, spiders and roaches.

Never know what you will find in a Florida air conditioner.

Now if I could only find that snake spray.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Igot bit 2 years ago. It sucks! Within 2 hours my temp went up to 103. something. I got very sick.

This thing was so big it was hard to believe.

and being the type of person that is concerned with the enviorment , I used clean burning mapp gas on all of them

Did someone say SNAKES

Sure it was a Brown recluse? Their thorax is rarely more than a quarter inch. For those spider squashers, don't complain this summer when mosquitos are sucking the blood out of you and injecting you with who knows what. And I'm not even a liberal! http://www.everythingabout.net/artic...ecluse_spider/

[Edited by HVAC Pro on 02-23-2005 at 07:28 PM]
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

One of my co-workers grabbed a widow from inside a condensor unit. "taking it home for the kids for science class..." My @$$... he kept it in a jar on his desk. Gave me the cleaning lady the willies, but it was kind of fun feeding it a cricket now and then. Sucked for the crickets. Somehow, it just disappeared one day???

Maybe the spider was a wolf spider- they have stripes down the thorax instead of a 'fiddle' and get pretty big. Recluse don't usually get that big, but even a little one can cause a deep scar. Greg

[Edited by greg swob on 02-23-2005 at 07:43 PM]

I like spiders, they make me money. My favorite is the Orifice Capping Spider, second in earnings only to the Contactor Nesting Earwigs. And in winter many a bird has selflessly given it's life jamming up inducers to bolster my bottom line. Like I always say nature provides.