Thread: TRANE TXC054S3HPC0 INSTALL PROBLEM

Post Likes
    Ok here the story, I bought a new split unit,I am installing this unit myself, only problem is the paper work that came with the a coil, I had it out on my desk and my 4yr got ahold of it and ran it through the shreder My problem is this is being installed as a downflow unit, how do I attach the a coil unit to the floor and unit also came with a splash guard that is used in downflow, which I have no idea where it goes. I have alrdy looked on the net to see if I can find any pdfs or docs on the unit, but with no luck. any help here would be appericated.

Post Likes
    anybody somebody? out of 10 ppl know ones got any ideas?

Post Likes
    We have ideas, we just dont help DIY'ers here

Post Likes
    Are you a licenced contractor???

If not...

You are asking for problems.

Many, many problems.

Post Likes
    NICE move, swampfox

Where'd you get that thing, anyways?

Post Likes
    ohh a reply, i bought it off ebay through a dealer, trust me if i coudl have it installed i would, but all the dealers i have talked to around here won't. So i am in abit of a sticky mess. which leaves me to install it myself.

Post Likes
    what I had planned on doing was saving myself some money on equipment and having my local dealer here in town install it, but since i bought the equipment myself he won't, which is halfway understandable, no markup on equipment on his end. I am like everyone else out there, if i can save a buck i will, i can't afford to pay 10k (what the local contractor quoted me) for a new system. I bought the unit form a dealer in florida and it was drop shippied directly to me from the st.louis missouri trane wherhouse. i don't know if they can actully do that or not, when the unit was shipped the funrace itself was damaged in shipping but the acoil was fine, i called trane up and they shipped me another unit to me and i shipped the damaged unit back to them. They acted like the dealer that sold me the unit wasn't supposed to do this, but either way i have the unit and would like to get it installed.

[Edited by catvdawg on 02-22-2005 at 10:24 PM]

Post Likes
    Man, you're screwed!

I'm sure that there is a contractor in your area that would install the system for the same price as if they supplied the equipment, minus any warranty, of course.

You could always resell the equipment on ebay.

Post Likes
    from what i have been told i got a good price on the unit it's a Trane 2TTR2048A1000A 12 SEER S.C. with matching evaporator coil TXC054S, TDX100C948D down flow 4-ton XR furnace 94,000 Output @ 91

[Edited by catvdawg on 02-22-2005 at 10:44 PM]

Post Likes
    No refrigerant lines, pad, or thermostat?

That guy still made a hell of a mark up on the equipment and you'll have to hire a hack to put it in...

Your few "saved bucks" will cost you in the end. I've seen it a million times...
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by bumpkin
    Man, you're screwed!

I'm sure that there is a contractor in your area that would install the system for the same price as if they supplied the equipment, minus any warranty, of course.

You could always resell the equipment on ebay.
    lol

Post Likes
    fine i can tell this was a mistake posting here looking for a 2 questions to be answered, as per the forum rules, i was not asking for a step by step instructionsn just asking a simple question not asking to be flamed for trying to save a few dollars on a install, i hope when you need computer repair or a telephone system help and post on a board u get flamed becuse you arent in the bussines yet u are just asking a few simple questions. you can delete this thread now and my account now. since i won't be back on this forum. thanks and have a nice day

Post Likes
    Well, I can't (won't) argue the Pro vs DIY angle but i've been on here less than a day and I found a link on here to a site that had all of the Trane PDF's. I printed them out for my equipment. Do a search here for Trane. I think I bookmarked it at work.

Wonder if he'll come back to read this?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in