Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast
Results 118 to 130 of 280
  1. #118
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    East of Lyndon's
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    But he couldn't throw us a bone or a burning bush or something? It seems since scientific reasoning has appeared he has not sent us a message in roughly the last 2000 years.
    Could you give us the date when "scientific reasoning" appeared? Why, if scientific reasoning is so reliable in your view, does scientific reasoning mainly consist of theories that are changing all the time????? Why haven't your friends found the "missing link"???
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

  2. #119
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,590
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    While I agree that there is ample evidence that God is against His Creations participating in acts of homosexuallity, we need to be careful to regard each book of the Bible for it's specific time, place and audience. Roman's in particular is a devout Jew's dumbing down Old Testament teachings for those who have only been exposed to Pagan teachings.
    Really? How many instances would you like me to post throughout the bible where it condemns homosexuality?
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

  3. #120
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,590
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    But he couldn't throw us a bone or a burning bush or something? It seems since scientific reasoning has appeared he has not sent us a message in roughly the last 2000 years.

    Science is not the end all, man understands certain rudimentary things and suddenly gets a big head.
    Certain leading scientists in several different fields have advocated intelligent design,,,,,unfortunately many have lost their positions and been ridiculed by the scientific [atheist] community for sticking up to them.

    Its a liberal thing, you'll have that, goes like,,,,,if someone disagrees with you ridicule them and try and destroy them.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

  4. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,926
    Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    Really? How many instances would you like me to post throughout the bible where it condemns homosexuality?
    Just post a few from the new testament. Especially the ones where Jesus spoke out against the homos.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  5. #122
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    Really? How many instances would you like me to post throughout the bible where it condemns homosexuality?
    I already agreed that there is ample evidence that homosexuallity is against the will of God. If you are going to pick a fight with me, at least make it something we disagree on.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendo View Post
    Are you saying that Paul was "dumbing down" Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 ???
    If anything, I think the Old Testament was more severe against this type of deviant behavior. If someone wants/chooses to be "Gay" that's one thing. But for someone to be "Gay" and claim to follow the teachings of the Bible.......I disagree.
    Precisely what I think Paul was doing and pretty much how I feel about the life choices of others as long as they do not adversely affect me.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  7. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendo View Post
    Why, if scientific reasoning is so reliable in your view, does scientific reasoning mainly consist of theories that are changing all the time?????
    Everything in science is theory. Not theory in the way laymen think but scientific theory.

    Theories in fact are modified as new evidence is uncovered or older evidence is re-interpreted.

    This is the strength of science.

    This would be different from religion where dogma rules and evidence is ignored.







    Why haven't your friends found the "missing link"???
    What "missing link" would this be?
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  8. #125
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Just post a few from the new testament. Especially the ones where Jesus spoke out against the homos.
    It does not appear that the subject ever came up with Jesus. Then again, Jesus preached to a Jewish audience that would have already been aware of God's disdain for homosexuallity from Hebrew scripture.

    It is Paul who was commissioned to tell the gospel to those who were not Jewish, so it was Paul who needed to bring these non-Jews up to speed about the teachings from Hebrew scripture.

    Since Jesus stated that His purpose was to reinforce the teachings from Hebrew scripture, it is a given that Jesus supports what is taught in Hebrew scripture. What Jesus opposed was the way the ruling Jews used scripture to burden men rather then to enhance their lives. The very same can be justifiably said about many of today's religious rules and regulations allegedly supported by scripture. Nothing is new under the Sun.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  9. #126
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Everything in science is theory. Not theory in the way laymen think but scientific theory.

    Theories in fact are modified as new evidence is uncovered or older evidence is re-interpreted.

    This is the strength of science.

    This would be different from religion where dogma rules and evidence is ignored.







    What "missing link" would this be?
    Agreed. God's Creation is always the same. It is only our understanding of God's Creation through scientific study that changes as we better understand our previous errors in understanding. A reason we should always stay humbled with our scientific theories.

    Religous dogma is a dangerous tool used by evil to deceive man.

    For the missing link, you may want to look in the mirror. Personally, I don't believe that mankind as it exists on Earth today is completely indigenous to planet Earth. The missing link we keep looking for is more then likely genetic variations between alien ancestry and indigenous humanoid beings. Just a scientific theory though.

    As for the stregnth of science, science is a fragile thing; it's theories may be killed by a whiff of theology or a dose of common sense.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #127
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    Science is not the end all
    Only tremedously more successful in explaining the world than religion.

    You would be sitting in a dark cave eating raw meat without science.






    man understands certain rudimentary things and suddenly gets a big head.
    I expect you missed such rudimentary things like the unravelling of biologicall genomes, space flight, medical advances, exploration of the universe, quantum physics, advanced mathematics and even the products that provide your living.



    Certain leading scientists in several different fields have advocated intelligent design,,,,,unfortunately many have lost their positions
    In the relevant field, biology, no leading scientists advocate ID (ID is religion, not science).



    and been ridiculed by the scientific [atheist] community for sticking up to them.
    Anyone advocating ID deserves ridicule.

    However, ID is ridiculed by overwhelming evidence supporting evolution and a complete lack of evidence supporting ID.









    Its a liberal thing, you'll have that, goes like,,,,,if someone disagrees with you ridicule them and try and destroy them.
    Actually it is an evidence thing.

    In that area ID is self-ridiculing.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  11. #128
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Agreed. God's Creation is always the same. It is only our understanding of God's Creation through scientific study that changes as we better understand our previous errors in understanding. A reason we should always stay humbled with our scientific theories.
    As we better understand our world and the universe through science, your god becomes unnecessary as both an explanation for what is observed and as a creator.



    For the missing link, you may want to look in the mirror. Personally, I don't believe that mankind as it exists on Earth today is completely indigenous to planet Earth. The missing link we keep looking for is more then likely genetic variations between alien ancestry and indigenous humanoid beings. Just a scientific theory though.
    Rather this is an hypothesis at best. A poorly supported one at that.

    As for the stregnth of science, science is a fragile thing; it's theories may be killed by a whiff of theology or a dose of common sense.
    Theology vs. Science?

    Science in a landslide victory.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  12. #129
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Houston,Tx.
    Posts
    16,076
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    The missing link we keep looking for is more then likely genetic variations between alien ancestry and indigenous humanoid beings. Just a scientific theory though.
    And that link will never be found, why? because there is not one. I personally feel that we "all" were born into a so called vacuum, knowing; that we were created by a higher being, and that we developed over time into who we are now in our beliefs. It's called influence, influence can be good or bad according to what we want to believe. If a person wants to believe there is no God, and has been around folks all their lives that believe there is no God, their mind is set, to believe just that. You could also say the same about believers in creation, the only difference is, creationists can just look around them, and see there is a higher being with only the earths beauty as influence. We as Christians, or only supposed to be "seed" planters, and I am pretty sure unless they have lived a very sheltered life, that every non-believer, has heard of God, but has choose to make science their God. As I always say, I would rather live my life as if there is a God, And die to find out there isn't, than live my life As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

    "Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

  13. #130
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    God's teachings to us are evidentely complete. Just because we have lost the ability to understand scripture doesn't make it incomplete.

    Deist's seem to have at least part of their faith correct. God Created the physical Universe with specific laws of nature in place for whatever "if/then" circumstances arise. Scripture is the best instruction manual we have to let us know how to best live in this physical Universe while preparing our true spiritual selves for eternity in God's spiritual realm.

    It appears that the purpose for this Created physical Universe is to somehow keep good and evil in existance, as one requires the other to survive.

    In the realm of physical existance, in 125 years, who is the more successful person? The one who has lived basically a moral life while building a fortune 500 company, having several million dollar homes, a private jet and a trophy wife with 3 children who themselves have all been successful....or, the man who lives on the outskirts of society teaching who ever will listen that Jesus is love while he sustains his life with just enough food provided by those who take pity on him and lives in highway underpasses and basements of abandoned buildings? In the end, these two men are exactly equal. They both wind up with exactly the same thing; a dead body.

    No, God's Word is complete for those who wish to try to understand and obey it. There is no need for God to do any more for us then he already has and will do after our mortal death.
    I know I would get a good discussion if I continued this with you but I already know our views are more alike than not. I'll pick on someone else.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event