Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121516171819202122
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxrsquid View Post
    In the immortal words of the famous ex con, parole violator, and wife beater Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along"

As you have somewhat stated, I guess the proof is in the puddin'. When you see what the Lord can do for others as well as for yourself as in changing your outlook on life, your attitude, and all that's included, I'm afraid it's something that science can't explain. It's more than just a self-improvement course. It's when a frail human admits that he doesn't have the power in himself to deal with his sinful nature and needs help from a higher power. These things can't be explained by mere science. There, now I can get off my soapbox.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    True enough, but even at that you will never diminish the possibility of a God(s), no matter how intelligent you try to come across as.
    True, but then I can never diminish the possibilty of pink Unicorns either. However there is no compelling evidence that either exsists while year by year the possibility of a God/s becomes more remote.

Hope/belief is a strange thing, no matter what side of the fence you are on. When something can't really be explained, you interpret it your way as I mine. Maybe one of us is wrong, and maybe we both are?
    That could very well be the case.

We also don't have complete evidence that universes' don't require God(s).
    Complete? No, but with each passing day God/s are squeezed into an ever shrinking realm.

Theories are all we have on both sides.
    A book of ancient tribal myths does not even rise to the level of hypothesis much less theory.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Wow - set in your ways you are, even as an ol' cowhand...

You can take parts or you can take it as a whole, but parts of it we know are true. Let's see there was a great flood, but did it really wipe out everything, but what Noah brought on the ARC? This could go on forever.

I am going to sit back and enjoy my life as I see fit, believing there is a God and agreeing to disagree.

Maybe my next hit of Acid I will see those Pink Unicorns....
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    Wow - set in your ways you are, even as an ol' cowhand...

You can take parts or you can take it as a whole, but parts of it we know are true. Let's see there was a great flood, but did it really wipe out everything, but what Noah brought on the ARC? This could go on forever.

I am going to sit back and enjoy my life as I see fit, believing there is a God and agreeing to disagree.

Maybe my next hit of Acid I will see those Pink Unicorns....
    Even if the unicorns are only an hallucination, do not play leap frog with them.

I don't think it is his own ways that the claimed old cow hand is set in. For people who claim to have no theology, they sure do have an obsession with the God they claim to not believe in. For an atheist to enter a discussion about God seems to be like nerdy computer geeks discussing the virtues of contact sports.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrsquid View Post
    Whether you believe in God or not the facts are clear that Christians and Christian attitudes are benficial to society as a whole and athiest activism is hurtful to society.

Seems to me believers do so hoping to impress their God and live life eternal... Agnostics just do it for fun.....
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by sline-dawg View Post
    Seems to me believers do so hoping to impress their God and live life eternal... Agnostics just do it for fun.....
    Excellent points. Too many who believe they are doing as Jesus Christ teaches are actually doing nearly the opposite by trying to rack up brownie points for deeds that make no difference to God.

It is also very apparent that many misguided in faith have caused real problems in our physical Universe by acting in ways that must be being infected by that which opposes God.

I don't care what religous faith a person is coming from, if a person feels the desire to harm another person "for" God, they are receiving the wrong message from the wrong source. When ever we kill another, for whatever reason, we should always feel some sort of remorse and should always ask forgiveness for our judging another.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Even if the unicorns are only an hallucination, do not play leap frog with them.
    Depends on just how sharp the unicorn is and your particular flavor...
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121516171819202122