Thread: Prposed setup with Carrier

Post Likes
    Hi, replacing Furnace and A/C, Need- 95kBTU and 4 ton a/c
    Currently have 25 y/o stuff, drafty house, 2600 sqft. I live in Northern NJ (Zone 2)After searching this forum I found a lot of very useful info- THANKS! I know I need to balance the duct work system but really looking for improved humidity and temp control. Looking at Carrier Infinity 80 (58 cva) and Infinity 18 (38 tdb) the local salesperson recomended a Performance 14 (38 tsa) but it's not a 2 speed motor and since I hate hot weather, I really want a nice cool, dry home. QUESTION- does this sound like a good setup? What else do I need to buy? Infinity control? What would be a good price (ballpark)?

THANKS in advance.

Finn

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Sorry,no pricng questions,per the rules.

Go with the Infinity control for sure,then 2 speed 38TDB if you can afford it.

Use the search function here,Infinity,to see what other home owners think of theirs and the humidity control/comfort!

Post Likes
    Thanks for the info and sorry about the pricing thing, my bad. I was also looking at the Trane XL16i and the XV80 as another option

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Both Are great systems,but the Infinity Control,is far the better choice.IMO,and yes that's what we sell.

Do a search on this site,"Infinity",and see what homeowners think!

Post Likes
    Thanks, much appreciated

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in