After reading numerous posts on this site for the past four years I feel compelled to share with all the good people posting here what a good argument should consist of and what is considered a fallacy.

This URL might help clear things up:
    http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

Thank you, and have a good argument!

Examples of Misleading Vividness

1. Bill and Jane are talking about buying a computer.

Jane: "I've been thinking about getting a computer. I'm really tired of having to wait in the library to write my papers."
    Bill: "What sort of computer do you want to get?"
    Jane: "Well, it has to be easy to use, have a low price and have decent processing power. I've been thinking about getting a Kiwi Fruit 2200. I read in that consumer magazine that they have been found to be very reliable in six independent industry studies."
    Bill: "I wouldn't get the Kiwi Fruit. A friend of mine bought one a month ago to finish his master's thesis. He was halfway through it when smoke started pouring out of the CPU. He didn't get his thesis done on time and he lost his financial aid. Now he's working over at the Gut Boy Burger Warehouse."
    Jane: "I guess I won't go with the Kiwi!"
    there but for the grace of god, go all of us

Slippery slope

Now, I assume, I know what you meant. Many times I suffer from deductive fallacy , but in that instance I was being facetious. It would be more enjoyable to read good arguements, instead of one line barbs.... but I'm better at that... and it is much quicker also.
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Originally posted by caosesvida
    Examples of Misleading Vividness

1. Bill and Jane are talking about buying a computer.

Jane: "I've been thinking about getting a computer. I'm really tired of having to wait in the library to write my papers."
    Bill: "What sort of computer do you want to get?"
    Jane: "Well, it has to be easy to use, have a low price and have decent processing power. I've been thinking about getting a Kiwi Fruit 2200. I read in that consumer magazine that they have been found to be very reliable in six independent industry studies."
    Bill: "I wouldn't get the Kiwi Fruit. A friend of mine bought one a month ago to finish his master's thesis. He was halfway through it when smoke started pouring out of the CPU. He didn't get his thesis done on time and he lost his financial aid. Now he's working over at the Gut Boy Burger Warehouse."
    Jane: "I guess I won't go with the Kiwi!"

Very good point! This might also be an example of "Post hoc ergo propter hoc"