Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Re: HVAC Healthy & Wealthy

[I am taking Friday afternoon off to play golf. Right after golf I'm heading to camp.

To have a heart condition............ DON'T PLAY GOLF ON FRIDAY..........or for that matter ever.

Jason, you have to be your own advocate for your health. Have gone through the holter process. Only difference was they shaved real close and then used what felt like heavy grit sandpaper for "good contact." Actually drew blood! Have gone through open heart myself and now am kiddingly referred around work as the 1/4 million dollar man. As far as I'm concerned the thoracic surgeon was worth every penny! Medication sounds like the way to go, but a change in lifestyle can't hurt, i.e. exercise, diet, etc. Is this a stressful trade? HE__ YES! Oh yeah, if you have ANY doubts about what is going on, what the treatment consists of, etc. ASK! The only question you'll be sorry about is the one you don't ask. I lived with the knowledge that I would have to have open heart surgery for 35 years, but wasn't really ready for it even after it became necessary. Prayers are with you. Irish.

Unhappy Jason

Let us know how you are doing. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Roy

I agree with some of the others here it could be change in diet, or higher than usual stress. You could have also inhaled some chemicals on the job that cause heart skips. We are exposed to a lot off bad stuff in the HVAC industry. Play it safe and stick with the check ups. I been there also, Arithmeia they said. I take a small dose to fix it. But a word of warning a friend gave me going in. Make sure to tell the doc you don't want any meds that will take the lead outa the old pencil. Some of those meds will kill Mr. Happy dead!!!!Some will not,so ask the right questions up front.

Jason:

I see you posting, hope things went ok.

sorry about the delay. been having fun with the flu or some other funk.

Had the 24 hr holter test done. They came to the conclusion that a certain med I was taking for headaches was the cause. Told me to stop taking immediatly. 24 hours later the problem was gone. I was on the med for a few years. Looking back, I see the pattern of the heart problem. It was just not as long of a episode as the last one. My heart feels so much better and healty now that I stop the med. Doc said no damage was done and everything should return to normal. Thank god.

that crap scared the hell out of me. Time to make a change to additude and life. I know it turned out to not be too serious, but I still got all emotional and wanted to be closer to my kids and wife.

thanks for the kind words fellas

[Edited by jasonhoustontx on 02-25-2005 at 02:23 PM]

This is great news Jason. Glad it was nothing serious.

Good to know it was nothing serious. Then again, serious is getting less everyday when it comes to heart problems.

Hell, I have 8 stents in three arteries in my heart and they never even had to crack me open. Got a cool helicopter ride over the rooftops of Baltimore while dosed up on 4 shots of morphine....niiice.

Point is, if you survive the initial hit there are a lot more chances of survival nowadays.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12