Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    had heart palpitations last week for 2 days strait, go in to the doc and had a ekg done. Tells me I have tachyardia (beats over 100 beats per min w/ missing or additional beats). Told me to come back today and get a 24 holter monitor put on me. Damn nurse put about 2 rolls of tape on my chest and belly on top of a thick hair. My god this is uncomfortable. Cant wait until tommorow when they get to rip the tape off me. I almost have to laugh at this, but still a bit worried.

They have pills to control this these days. You will be fine.

Tell the nurse to cut the hair instead of pulling the tape.

I guess we lost one of our Electricians Friday to a heart attack. He was in his mid 40's. Sad, but true.

You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Didnt mean to put the fear of god in you. Hope your ok, I have an uncle that has had MANY heart attacks and misc problems for the last 25 years, so you never know.

You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

We were doing a remodel on a Dunkin Donuts store. The owner was real nice and accomodating because he was closed down for the remodel. So he made coffee all day for the crew. It was cold and we had the heat off. I bet I drank 10 cups of coffee.

Then a customer who happen to be walking by the Dunkin Donuts decided to rattle my cage. "When are you going to start my job? I thought you were coming last week. When When?"

About a half hour later, the ticker started racing. Chest pains. I said to myself this is it. Fortunately the hospital was near by so I shot up there.

The doctor checked me all out. He said, "How many cups of coffee had you had today?" OOOps! Nothing wrong with my ticker thank God.

I tell this story to see if this might be your problem, Jason? Different diet of any kind?

Had almost the same experiance a couple of yrs ago, had ekgs the halter treatment ( yes do cut the tape do not rip it ) then went in for stress test after getting some glow in the dark stuff injected. Started to get everthing in order to send to the Ex. Turns out I had high blood pressure and to cut back on caffiene in take, they said to lose a few pounds too, darn donuts are going to be tough to kick lol Good Luck !
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

This might not be exactly your problem, but pretty close. Check this out:
    http://www.afibbers.com/forum/list.php?f=6

I agree with MM, that is easily controlled by medication.......but.......I think a lifestyle change is also in order now, it may be your wake up call, you might not get another one.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Jason, one more thing if you read this before you go back, when the cute nurse gets through cutting the meter off without pulling all your hair off, slap her in the butt and tell her, ”GOOD GAME”.

HVAC Healthy & Wealthy

How many Hvac contractors do you know that have retired with wealth & good health? Makes you wonder; doesn't it!

Re: HVAC Healthy & Wealthy

Originally posted by mr big
    How many Hvac contractors do you know that have retired with wealth & good health? Makes you wonder; doesn't it!
    I've known a few and I am expecting to follow in their footsteps. As a matter of fact I have made it know that this summer I am taking Friday afternoon off to play golf. Right after golf I'm heading to camp. After 40 years I'm cutting back to 40 hours.

Hey Jason!

I'm only a 100 miles from you. It is only a two hour drive. I'll slow down going through Kendelton. Roy PS That snow was some kick butt stuff that we have never seen before. You get well. I need some help, the guys up north do not like us guys from the south. All kidding aside, My prayers are with you and hope the best for you. Dog food Roy!

Re: Hey Jason!

Originally posted by oroy54
    Dog food Roy!
    50# no less! Hang tough Jason. Take good care of yourself. Good luck!
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast