Conservatives, are you sure this is what you wanted?
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Conservatives, are you sure this is what you wanted?

I was just wondering if all the tough guy conservatives are ok with the tax break that continues to handed out to the rich. You asked for a republican congress and look at what their first order of business was---to keep helping out the rich.

Smells like a relocation coming
    I'm good at making things cold...You can ask my first two wives!

Quote Originally Posted by wuz cool View Post
    I was just wondering if all the tough guy conservatives are ok with the tax break that continues to handed out to the rich. You asked for a republican congress and look at what their first order of business was---to keep helping out the rich.
    Great another liberal that does not understand business or fair play. Why should a person that works hard to make money have to pay a greater percentage of what they earn than someone that does not work as hard.

The rich as you call them are the ones that already pay the vast majority of taxes while nearly half the population pays nothing and sucks up the vast majority of the government handouts.

Even more importantly who do you think provides jobs, a low life that does not earn a substantial income or a hard working entrepreneur that does and needs a place to invest it to grow their income. Who are you going to ask for a job the person with the welfare job or the person making over 200K.

Besides the Bush ERA tax cuts did not extend to the upper incomes just to the incomes below 100K. I know when they were enacted I did not receive a tax break.

BTW this will be moved to ARP where it should have been posted in the first place.

Well how else can they afford the bills we give them if they don't get a tax break.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

See the thread, The Historical Lessons of Lower Tax Rates, posted 12-10-2010, and read what John F. Kennedy had to say about tax cuts. This is the link:http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=701721.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Ever have a poor person hire you?

So, it's the rich's fault for everything and we should get them, right?

Hasn't this principal played out before in Germany a number of years back? Back then it was the nationallity or religion of the person though.

Let's target the folks that risk the most, work the hardest and have the most employee's.

We don't need no stink'n rich folks in this country!
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

why don't you lead by example and give the government more money to misuse before they decide to take it anyway?
    c'mon libs win us over by example at your expense and show us you're genuine.

kinda reminds me of my ex-inlaws...they were major libs and the biggest cheaters on their income taxes of anybody Ive ever known, thats called a hypocrite!

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    Great another liberal that does not understand business or fair play. Why should a person that works hard to make money have to pay a greater percentage of what they earn than someone that does not work as hard.

The rich as you call them are the ones that already pay the vast majority of taxes while nearly half the population pays nothing and sucks up the vast majority of the government handouts.

Even more importantly who do you think provides jobs, a low life that does not earn a substantial income or a hard working entrepreneur that does and needs a place to invest it to grow their income. Who are you going to ask for a job the person with the welfare job or the person making over 200K.

Besides the Bush ERA tax cuts did not extend to the upper incomes just to the incomes below 100K. I know when they were enacted I did not receive a tax break.

This country is currently experiencing the greatest concentration of wealth since 1927.

Thomas Jefferson was the first to propose the idea of a progressive income tax and it is the only one that we have ever had.

Your information on the Bush Era tax cuts are wrong.

You show what you think of people that are not in the top bracket, low lifes. Is that what you have working for you, low lifes?

Bar Stool Economics

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:
    The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
    The fifth would pay $1.
    The sixth would pay $3.
    The seventh would pay $7.
    The eighth would pay $12.
    The ninth would pay $18.
    The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.
    So, that's what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. "Since you are all such good customers," he said, "I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20."

Drinks for the ten now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men - the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his 'fair share?' They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so:
    The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).
    The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).
    The seventh now pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).
    The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).
    The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).
    The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.
    "I only got a dollar out of the $20," declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man, "but he got $10!"
    "Yeah, that's right," exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got ten times more than I!"
    "That's true!!" shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!"
    "Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison. "We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!"
    The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.
    The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

Somebody was evidently recruited.

This has gotten old,letting the left run arp.

I'm out until an Intelegent discussion can be found here again.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Scares me that less tax should mean less goverment. How broke does it take to stop the money printing. The folks with the big bucks will not allow their money to become useless is the saving grace.
    Never argue with a crazy man.

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    This country is currently experiencing the greatest concentration of wealth since 1927.

Thomas Jefferson was the first to propose the idea of a progressive income tax and it is the only one that we have ever had.

Your information on the Bush Era tax cuts are wrong.

You show what you think of people that are not in the top bracket, low lifes. Is that what you have working for you, low lifes?
    Well uninformed inconsequential one while I do not know what you know I suspect very little, I do know that the year the Bush tax cuts went into effect and everyone was screaming about the rich receiving a tax cut I did not. I am by no means rich but that year my wife’s and my combined gross income was $165,000. I lived it I know what occurred so bugger off TROLL.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast