Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Revelation is about as easy to interpret as a bad acid trip is..
    Well since you put it that way, and I can relate, I am clueless on Revelation.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

why is anyone worried about the return of Christ?

If he shows up tonight, I'm ready and I couldn't careless.

Me and Jesus are on good terms relax, take it easy. It's all good
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Actually it seems man is resposible for much of the ills that plague the world.

And why would he want to destroy people's sense of security and the stability of our institutions? Does God prefer chaos? The more strife in peoples lives results in more deviant behavior, people drink more, beat up their spouse and kids, family breakup. Sure does not look like a good way to tend your flock.

Strangely I seem to recall the bible advocating to turn the other cheek. Maybe it is all in the interpretation.

Had to go fix the heating in one of our isolation rooms at the hospital. The patient happened to have Ebola. Hell with the medical experts I was concerned. We are getting more transmission of diseases, animal species, and assorted other 'plagues'. Nainly because of our traveling lifestyle.

If I was running a company and things were going downhill I doubt my employees would say I was in control and that it always looks blackest before the storm. Hmm, not sure if that would comfort them.
    As much as I like mr. Bill and think of him as a friend, I think more along the lines as you do about Revelation.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by d_griff View Post
    Or Bush's
    Once all of the anti-Bush rhetoric has died away, history will depict President W Bush as one of the most strategic and stable presidents of our lifetimes. He is already the most obviously best president of the 21st Century

Once all of the anti-Bush rhetoric has died away, history will depict President W Bush as one of the most strategic and stable presidents of our lifetimes. He is already the most obviously best president of the 21st Century
    Nothing changes no matter what party is in power or in the white house. Lifetime politicians are out for self preservation and not for the better of the country.
    I dislike Right wing this or left wing that talk.. This guy this and this guy that. They are all the same. Not one is better then the next IMHO.
    But thats for a different thread

Quote Originally Posted by d_griff View Post
    Nothing changes no matter what party is in power or in the white house. Lifetime politicians are out for self preservation and not for the better of the country.
    I dislike Right wing this or left wing that talk.. This guy this and this guy that. They are all the same. Not one is better then the next IMHO.
    But thats for a different thread
    Come on griff. You have to be bombed out on something to say or think that. We are not all alike. You have various sades of folks from honest to crooked, communist to conservative, pervert to person of high morals, stupid and naive to smart and clever (Carter vs Regan), Christian, atheist or radical Muslim, and on and on. Give us a break. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Come on griff. You have to be bombed out on something to say or think that. We are not all alike. You have various sades of folks from honest to crooked, communist to conservative, pervert to person of high morals, stupid and naive to smart and clever (Carter vs Regan), Christian, atheist or radical Muslim, and on and on. Give us a break. Thank you, thank you very much
    Sounds like a damn melting pot.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post

See why does there have to be labels?
    They all wind up doing the same thing, Arguing and going nowhere.
    I have my dislikes, And my values that i stand for. But it is not weak to compromise and i am tired of life long politcitians that have never held a job in the private sector telling us what sacrifices we have to make for the benefit of them. They continue to live fat and things continue to get more difficult for us. We need term limits, So you know the people who are in office had to have some other means of making a living other then the office they hold, Because they cant hold it for 20 years like some of these deadbeats do. So if they had term limits, you are most likely going to get people with workforce experience and values in office who know what it is like to actually have a job. Do you know how many of our elected officials NEVER HAD A JOB outside of an elected office?? And they would be more likely to care about the issues, Because once their term is up, They will be one of us. The lobbyist control this country, And keep people occupied by having them argue over liberal this and conservative that. Meanwhile people havent noticed nothing changes because they dont care. 90% of this country could not tell you who their elected officials are but they could all tell you who won american Idol. IMHO it is a system designed to keep us divided so they can continue to operate whatever way they think is fit because we are too busy arguing over what the other side is doing.. It's like these idiots that elected Obama because he made it sound so easy about major issues, for example getting out of Iraq and Afghan.. Well why do we have more troops now then we have ever had in Afghan? But there are idiots out there today that i talk to that want to re-elect him because he is "Getting us out of the middle east."
    The media feeds people their politics like gerber tapioca pudding. And people eat it up! They have a huge agenda (Usually leftist). .Why did they attack sarah Palin, Who had done nothing wrong to anyone, And say she could not be fit to be president, Find out any dirt about her and her family, But completely misss the fact that John Edwards had a woman on the campaign trail with him that was about to have his child out of wedlock? God that makes me sick
    Talk radio and cable news make the entire climate of the coutry worse then it ever has to be. The fringe elements of both parties control the debate and the airwaves. They do not represent the majority of middle Americans like myself. Obama, Bush.. It wont matter. The only way it will get better is if a grass roots effort takes over a party, Or if we get lucky enough to have a grass roots revolution lead a third party into the white house... But i know thats not going to happen.
    So.... Why the hate for Obama? haha

As much as I like mr. Bill and think of him as a friend, I think more along the lines as you do about Revelation.
    Well then, I will switch from Revelations, to some Timothy, and this is very appropriate for the times, or should I say very appropriate for ARP.

The bible foretold that in the last days things such as these would happened. 2 Timothy 3:3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness. We must all be careful and exercise self-control
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

The Bible(s) are full of great lessons for all times. Yes, things biblical do occur and will continue to occur. That is why what is written in the Bible is as appropriate for today as it was 2,000 years ago.

I see the Bible as an instruction manual for mankind, using examples of various peoples in different times and places. These instructions appear to be for the purpose of teaching us how to best live our mortal lives, no matter what the circumstances, and more importantly how to prepare ourselves for our eternal spiritual lives when our mortal bodies perish.

No matter if a person is living during a time of peace and prosperity or a time of war and desperation or whenever, by living the way the Bible teaches, that person will live the best under the circumstances. Along the way through our mortal journeys of physical life we have the oportunity to prepare ourselves for our spiritual lives after our mortal deaths.

So, is the Bible some sort of pagan hoodoo prophetic book of hidden and unknown knowledge, or has God provided us with a straight forward instruction manual that we have lost the ability to understand? I believe the latter.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456