Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    If you want an interesting read about what one nuke could do to our county give this book a try.

http://www.amazon.com/One-Second-Aft.../dp/0765317583

jim
    Common sense isn't very common anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I worry more about those Islamic sounding leaders of countries, like, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Asif Zardari, Barak Hussein Obama, Sharif Ahmed etal.
    Hmmm.... one of these names dont belong.... can you find the name that doesn't belong? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by d_griff View Post
    Hmmm.... one of these names dont belong.... can you find the name that doesn't belong? Haha
    I suppose you are correct. Asif Zardari does seem to try to work with the U.S. in cracking down on terrorists in his country.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

America love it or leave it, why don't you just cross the southern border and let me know how long you survive.This is the greatest country that ever will be no matter who the pres is. Why don't you go to Alaska were the gov. will pay you 1000.00 bucks a year to live.

Are you certain that Revelation is prophetic for our future and not for the nearer future of the first century Christians, warning them about Rome? Keep in mind that first century Christians believed that Christ would return in their own lifetime. So, would John really prophesize any further into the future then the life span of his contemporary audience?
    Well....the return of Christ is in that prophecy. It could be Robin that you and I have been left behind, though.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

You know Robin, I do not doubt for one minute that there will be pestilences unleashed upon this earth as a form of judgment by God.

As I read Revelation, the sense I get, is that there will be terrible things happening, but that God has it all under control, that God is using natural means to destroy people's sense of security in what they perceive as stable be it nature, governments, financial institutions or wealth.

There are people who believe man can bring in the millennium through diplomacy (HELLO!!!). In doing so the Christian will be short shifted, ignored or silenced because he/she will be considered to be the greatest hindrance to this peace-making process.

When one reads the news today, it is almost like reading a fulfillment of certain segments of Revelation. What used to be unfathomable seems very possible today, given modern technology. I just read this week of a virus that is coming out of Africa that is so deadly, that has medical experts very concerned. Yes, the world is deteriorating, not getting better.

I do not know exactly the time table for all these events, but to me it is not important. What is important, extremely important, is that I know things will get worse, but that God is in control. This is everything. This knowledge feeds hope, and in it there is a joy because we know the end is getting closer. Let's just be ready.

Mr. Bill's understanding...
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Mr.Bill, there all ready has been a pestilence released and its called Man.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Mr.Bill, there all ready has been a pestilence released and its called Man.
    no, it's called ex-wife
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    no, it's called ex-wife
    Amen! on that.......

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    You know Robin, I do not doubt for one minute that there will be pestilences unleashed upon this earth as a form of judgment by God.
    Actually it seems man is resposible for much of the ills that plague the world.

As I read Revelation, the sense I get, is that there will be terrible things happening, but that God has it all under control, that God is using natural means to destroy people's sense of security in what they perceive as stable be it nature, governments, financial institutions or wealth.
    And why would he want to destroy people's sense of security and the stability of our institutions? Does God prefer chaos? The more strife in peoples lives results in more deviant behavior, people drink more, beat up their spouse and kids, family breakup. Sure does not look like a good way to tend your flock.

There are people who believe man can bring in the millennium through diplomacy (HELLO!!!). In doing so the Christian will be short shifted, ignored or silenced because he/she will be considered to be the greatest hindrance to this peace-making process.
    Strangely I seem to recall the bible advocating to turn the other cheek. Maybe it is all in the interpretation.

When one reads the news today, it is almost like reading a fulfillment of certain segments of Revelation. What used to be unfathomable seems very possible today, given modern technology. I just read this week of a virus that is coming out of Africa that is so deadly, that has medical experts very concerned. Yes, the world is deteriorating, not getting better.
    Had to go fix the heating in one of our isolation rooms at the hospital. The patient happened to have Ebola. Hell with the medical experts I was concerned. We are getting more transmission of diseases, animal species, and assorted other 'plagues'. Nainly because of our traveling lifestyle.

I do not know exactly the time table for all these events, but to me it is not important. What is important, extremely important, is that I know things will get worse, but that God is in control. This is everything. This knowledge feeds hope, and in it there is a joy because we know the end is getting closer. Let's just be ready.

Mr. Bill's understanding...
    If I was running a company and things were going downhill I doubt my employees would say I was in control and that it always looks blackest before the storm. Hmm, not sure if that would comfort them.

Quote Originally Posted by keeplearnin View Post
    America love it or leave it, why don't you just cross the southern border and let me know how long you survive.This is the greatest country that ever will be no matter who the pres is. Why don't you go to Alaska were the gov. will pay you 1000.00 bucks a year to live.
    Who are you posting to? We won't stay the greatest country ever if we have too many Obama's or Carter's as president.

Who are you posting to? We won't stay the greatest country ever if we have too many Obama's or Carter's as president.
    Or Bush's

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Well....the return of Christ is in that prophecy. It could be Robin that you and I have been left behind, though.
    Revelation is about as easy to interpret as a bad acid trip is. I believe that we don't understand most of what is written in Revelation. I believe that those Christians of the first century most likely understood Revelation pretty well. Since so much of Biblical history had been kept from the masses for so long by the RCC, I believe that we need to do a lot more study of Latin, ancient Greek and Aramaic in order to understand better what much of the Bible(s) tell us.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast