Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Revelation 8:7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

Revelation 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
    You're scaring me Bill. People who turn to Revelation for prophetic wisdom are usually either trying to scare money out of others or are grasping for answers using occult methods.

Are you certain that Revelation is prophetic for our future and not for the nearer future of the first century Christians, warning them about Rome? Keep in mind that first century Christians believed that Christ would return in their own lifetime. So, would John really prophesize any further into the future then the life span of his contemporary audience?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Cool On this subject

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Printer is right about fear being used to control the masses. We currently are being manipulated by many fear factors;

• Global warming gonna kill us all.
    • Terrorists gonna kill us all.
    • Gonna run out of natural resources.
    • Gonna get hit by something from outer space.
    • Disease du jour gonna wipe us out.
    These are but a few of the things that government uses to keep up all in a state of fear. Much of it is no more worthy of concern then the guy carrying the sign telling us the world is coming to an end.
    We all have become soft and reliant upon our individual comfort zones. I have started taking weekend treks into the nearby forests armed only with a single gun, some matches, and a utility knife to hone my survival skills.

You're scaring me Bill. People who turn to Revelation for prophetic wisdom are usually either trying to scare money out of others or are grasping for answers using occult methods.

Are you certain that Revelation is prophetic for our future and not for the nearer future of the first century Christians, warning them about Rome? Keep in mind that first century Christians believed that Christ would return in their own lifetime. So, would John really prophesize any further into the future then the life span of his contemporary audience?
    Same here. Funny how a volcano erupting can be used to describe a nuclear attack. Funny how after 2000 years passages that could be seen as prophecies for the immediate future are brought out over and over again to keep the flock in line with fear.

If the passages are so good at describing future events why are major achievements (walking on the moon for one) not hinted at? It was probably the one time in history that all of mankind felt a kinship across race, religion, nationalism.

Quote Originally Posted by 2cool4us View Post
    We all have become soft and reliant upon our individual comfort zones. I have started taking weekend treks into the nearby forests armed only with a single gun, some matches, and a utility knife to hone my survival skills.
    Hell, I just take a walk around South Philly.

I've noticed that over the course of the last six months they have been having more frequent test's of the "Emergency Broadcast System"; at least around here. Anyone else picked up on this?

Survivability of a nuclear attack depends upon it's level. If the U.S., Russia, China, India, Korea etc. all let loose the world would be unlivable from all the fallout. What would concern me that if we were attacked by someone offshore, I.E. a known or unknown sub and hit several U.S. cities our current leaders would not retaliate.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

I figure that since I live within the evacuation zone of a major nuclear power plant, Three Mile Island, that I probably don't have a shot of survival. I assume that our enemies would target such facilities to get the most blast for their buck when attacking us. Hell, they could hit DC, Philly and New York with nukes and Three Mile Island with conventional warheads and pretty much evaporate me.

Back in the 1980s it was leaked that the government's evacuation plan for major cities in the Mid-Atlantic area of the U.S. was to knock out all communications so that we wouldn't know what was coming. The logic is that there is no way we all could get to high ground fast enough, so only those in the know would be given warning and the rest of us would perish without knowing what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I've noticed that over the course of the last six months they have been having more frequent test's of the "Emergency Broadcast System"; at least around here. Anyone else picked up on this?

Survivability of a nuclear attack depends upon it's level. If the U.S., Russia, China, India, Korea etc. all let loose the world would be unlivable from all the fallout. What would concern me that if we were attacked by someone offshore, I.E. a known or unknown sub and hit several U.S. cities our current leaders would not retaliate.
    Other than North Korea there is no gain for any country to fire away at the US. The other option would be a group like Al-Qaida and they may cause local damage but nothing widespead (in relative terms).

each ohio class submarine carries 24 balistic missiles, trident II, That carry 86 megatons worth of boom -hence the name boomers- It is estimated that 100 megatons would wipe out man kind so just a little short. hOWEVER TWO 100 MT. bombs placed at stratigic points would split the crust in half resulting in end of us as we know it. Not quit enough but close to it. super power USA

I figure that since I live within the evacuation zone of a major nuclear power plant, Three Mile Island, that I probably don't have a shot of survival. I assume that our enemies would target such facilities to get the most blast for their buck when attacking us. Hell, they could hit DC, Philly and New York with nukes and Three Mile Island with conventional warheads and pretty much evaporate me.

Back in the 1980s it was leaked that the government's evacuation plan for major cities in the Mid-Atlantic area of the U.S. was to knock out all communications so that we wouldn't know what was coming. The logic is that there is no way we all could get to high ground fast enough, so only those in the know would be given warning and the rest of us would perish without knowing what hit us.
    I thought this the second i heard the new research for surviving a Nuke attack. the old theory was pack the car up and get the hell away from any major city. I think they realize the mass chaos and gridlock this would cause, so they released a new theory about staying put in your own home and it will increase your survival. Meanwhile everyone who is important has a clean open highway to get the hell out because we are all home hiding in our basements haha!
    I also think they would release something like this in the event of the inevitable chemical attack, They would not like it if everyone was fleeing up the turnpike and it would be harder for them to isolate whoever has been infected and quarantine the areas etc. Now they are trying to put it in your head to stay put, So they can fence you in your area to die.
    I am with you too, I live in Philly, I just assume that i would be a casualty of one of the first warheads, But there will be plenty of livable land out in northern and central PA. The race will always survive. The country is too big to be destroyed or invaded and conquered by war. It is coming from within.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Other than North Korea there is no gain for any country to fire away at the US. The other option would be a group like Al-Qaida and they may cause local damage but nothing widespead (in relative terms).
    You have to worry about a dictator such as Kim Jong-Il or another one, Who is on his death bed, Thinking that they may be erased from history and not really doing much with is legacy. That is the type of person who can start the end. Someone with nothing to lose. Hopefully enough people around this person will realize the consequence and restrict the person from ending it all.

Quote Originally Posted by d_griff View Post
    You have to worry about a dictator such as Kim Jong-Il or another one, Who is on his death bed, Thinking that they may be erased from history and not really doing much with is legacy. That is the type of person who can start the end. Someone with nothing to lose. Hopefully enough people around this person will realize the consequence and restrict the person from ending it all.
    Kim Jong-Il wants to leave the country to his son.

North Korea's ailing leader Kim Jong-il has named his youngest son as a military general, state media said early on Tuesday, marking the first stage of a dynastic succession.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE68Q0II20100927

While eccentric he is not a stupid man. No other dictators have nuclear weapons, even if Iran gets them they know they are toast if they use them. The only real threat is from non-states.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Kim Jong-Il wants to leave the country to his son.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE68Q0II20100927

While eccentric he is not a stupid man. No other dictators have nuclear weapons, even if Iran gets them they know they are toast if they use them. The only real threat is from non-states.
    I know this, i was just using him as an example. And he left it to his son now that he wants to step down, Rumor is he is sick, It may be different when he is on his deathbed.
    If the Koreas go to war there is no doubt the threat of it becoming U.S and China is great, Who knows where it leads? I think the likely hood of a nuclear attack are increasing, Not decreasing.

I worry more about those Islamic sounding leaders of countries, like, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Asif Zardari, Barak Hussein Obama, Sharif Ahmed etal.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast