Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Well, let's take the allowance of Vietnam to enrich uranium, which could very well be used in the making of nuclear weapons. As long as countries that would like to do harm to the U.S. are capable of producing materials for making nuclear weapons, there can not be nuclear disarmament.
    The New Start Treaty is between the US and Russia. It is to reduce the number of both countries nukes and to allow the continued monitoring of each others weapons so that each side does not get nervous not knowing what the other side is doing. The last treaty was to expire.

North Vietnam is not a member of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. The reduction of nukes has no bearing on Vietnam, you still have more than enough to blast them into a parking lot. What do you propose to make North Vietnam play ball?

Angry On this grave matter

While Obama is attempting to disarm the U.S. while not making strong enough demands on others with nuclear weapons, our government is telling us that those Americans who survive an initial nuclear blast have a decent chance of surviving. Do these government officials know something the rest of us should be aware of?

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/nuc...mo_code=B52F-1

Sounds like a conspiracy of disarming the U.S. while preparing us to be nuked once we cannot retaliate.
    It is not a matter of if but just a matter of time before a sleeper cell detonates a dirty nuke inside a major US metropolis. North Korea's wacko dictator will launch a nuke towards US interests just as soon as he has capabilities to accomplish some sort of success. He doesn't care about his countries ultimate destruction at the hands of the US. He is a narcissitic sociopath. Iran will launch on Israel just as soon as their capabilities come together. Once again the muslim prophet Obama is putting another death nail in the US coffin.

Cool I agree

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    ya, in case of a nuke attack, I'm going to listen to government officials.

Guess what, after a nuke attack, there ain't going to be a government. We'll be on our own.

It will be everyman for themselves. Assuming anyone survives.

On top of all that, it won't be a surprise a nuke is on the way. There will be a complete disruption of communication first, starting with the internet. Then the SwHTF
    The best investment tools right now are guns and bullets. I'm shopping for an Abrams surplus tank.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    The New Start Treaty is between the US and Russia. It is to reduce the number of both countries nukes and to allow the continued monitoring of each others weapons so that each side does not get nervous not knowing what the other side is doing. The last treaty was to expire.

North Vietnam is not a member of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. The reduction of nukes has no bearing on Vietnam, you still have more than enough to blast them into a parking lot. What do you propose to make North Vietnam play ball?
    OK, you are referring only to the START program with Russia. I am talking about nuclear issues worldwide. This particular treaty is pretty much nothing more then window dressing to make it look like Obama is trying to keep his campaign promise of reducing nuclear weaponry. Let's face it, is reducing the amount of nukes for each country from 2,000 to 1,500 nukes really going to make any difference as to the annialation of people worldwide if somebody gets trigger happy or we have a false positive of a nuclear strike?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by 2cool4us View Post
    It is not a matter of if but just a matter of time before a sleeper cell detonates a dirty nuke inside a major US metropolis. North Korea's wacko dictator will launch a nuke towards US interests just as soon as he has capabilities to accomplish some sort of success. He doesn't care about his countries ultimate destruction at the hands of the US. He is a narcissitic sociopath. Iran will launch on Israel just as soon as their capabilities come together. Once again the muslim prophet Obama is putting another death nail in the US coffin.
    And since the breakup of the U.S.S.R., we have no clue as to what factions have their hands on nuclear weapons in sites that were abandoned because there was no longer any authority to keep the military personnel on those sites. So far, whoever may have taken possession of many of those nukes do not yet have the resources to fire them effectively to reach far off targets. How many of them do you suppose may have been sold to the North Koreans?

"He confirmed that the US doesn’t negotiate and is not interested in negotiating with Vietnam in enriching uranium. "

"Vietnam and the US on December 8 reached an agreement on comprehensive change of the atomic reactor for research in Da Lat, from highly enriched uranium (HEU) to lowly enriched uranium (LEU)."

"In September 2007, the US National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) assisted Vietnam in changing part of the atomic reactor in Da Lat from using HEU to LEU and transported 4.3 kg of unused HEU from Da Lat to Russia"

"On December 1, Vietnam and the US set up a legal framework for their cooperation to entirely change the fuel for the reactor in Da Lat and to transport the used HEU back to Russia"

http://english.vietnamnet.vn/en/poli...-projects.html

I don't see where we are allowing them to enrich uranium.

This is also another example why we need to pass the START Treaty to have Russia's help in matters such as these.

We also need help from Russia in dealing with Iran's capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

and like I said, before any kind of aggression takes place, there is going to be a major, world wide communications disruption.
    I used to think we would get hit with an EMP. But now that EVERYTHING is somehow connected threw the internets for updating and tracking. I can see that being the new way to shut down our current system.

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    "He confirmed that the US doesn’t negotiate and is not interested in negotiating with Vietnam in enriching uranium. "

"Vietnam and the US on December 8 reached an agreement on comprehensive change of the atomic reactor for research in Da Lat, from highly enriched uranium (HEU) to lowly enriched uranium (LEU)."

"In September 2007, the US National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) assisted Vietnam in changing part of the atomic reactor in Da Lat from using HEU to LEU and transported 4.3 kg of unused HEU from Da Lat to Russia"

"On December 1, Vietnam and the US set up a legal framework for their cooperation to entirely change the fuel for the reactor in Da Lat and to transport the used HEU back to Russia"

http://english.vietnamnet.vn/en/poli...-projects.html

I don't see where we are allowing them to enrich uranium.

This is also another example why we need to pass the START Treaty to have Russia's help in matters such as these.

We also need help from Russia in dealing with Iran's capabilities.
    We have no reason to completely trust the Russians when it comes to what they are doing in terms of nuclear power. After all, it is Russia that is sponsering the Iranian nuclear power push despite continued U.S. opposition of Iran having this technology and capabilities.

If Russia is playing nice on the Russian front while working with Iran and North Korea on the back lots, it makes for a very precarious position for the U.S. to be in.

If the Obama administration is doing so well with disamament of nuclear weapons, why is the Obama administration giving us lessons on how to survive a nuclear bombing aftermath?

And since the breakup of the U.S.S.R., we have no clue as to what factions have their hands on nuclear weapons in sites that were abandoned because there was no longer any authority to keep the military personnel on those sites. So far, whoever may have taken possession of many of those nukes do not yet have the resources to fire them effectively to reach far off targets. How many of them do you suppose may have been sold to the North Koreans?
    Cuts down both sides by half. Part of the reduction is so none go wayward.

We have no reason to completely trust the Russians when it comes to what they are doing in terms of nuclear power. After all, it is Russia that is sponsering the Iranian nuclear power push despite continued U.S. opposition of Iran having this technology and capabilities.

If Russia is playing nice on the Russian front while working with Iran and North Korea on the back lots, it makes for a very precarious position for the U.S. to be in.

If the Obama administration is doing so well with disamament of nuclear weapons, why is the Obama administration giving us lessons on how to survive a nuclear bombing aftermath?
    He wants a feather in his cap. Unless we take the threat seriously his accomplishments do not seem as great. How do you get people in line? Fear has been a traditional way.

He wants a feather in his cap. Unless we take the threat seriously his accomplishments do not seem as great. How do you get people in line? Fear has been a traditional way.
    Funny good story but the problem is no one can believe anything he says. The only fear we have is having Obama as President. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Cuts down both sides by half. Part of the reduction is so none go wayward.
    I'm only seeing a 25% reduction. But how many nukes does it take to set severely alter mankind's realm on Earth?

Nothing can be done about nukes going wayword as long as there is one nuke in existance. We have created our own Catch-22 with the creation of such powerful weapons.

Ah yes, the State of Fear factor. This has been a major tool for political leaders since FDR, enhanced greatly by JFK and since even more grossly abused by all leftist factions from politics to science to social standards.

It is time we stop fearing and become confident that we are superior against threats toward us in every way. That which we can not stop, we must avoid or deal with the aftermath of (referring to acts of nature). That which threatens us from human created power, we must put down.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast