Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DREAM Act Goes Down in Flames.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Cool beans.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Im glad

Nothing is worse than inviting illegal immigrants of any kind to serve in our Military. I strongly disagree with the thought being in the military now for 12 years. This kind of thing should have happened before the economy fell, and introduced the illegals who wanted to become Americans a different way like school. If this bill passed more and more Americans would loose more jobs in an allready short job market. I'm American with Hispanic decent, but I respect my Country more than agreeing with inviting foreigners into my land and just give them citizenship without proper channels. American people must be helped first, then worry about helping others.
    U. S. Army Reservist, U. S. Marine, HVAC Professional

Quote Originally Posted by IDHVAC View Post
    Nothing is worse than inviting illegal immigrants of any kind to serve in our Military. I strongly disagree with the thought being in the military now for 12 years. This kind of thing should have happened before the economy fell, and introduced the illegals who wanted to become Americans a different way like school. If this bill passed more and more Americans would loose more jobs in an allready short job market. I'm American with Hispanic decent, but I respect my Country more than agreeing with inviting foreigners into my land and just give them citizenship without proper channels. American people must be helped first, then worry about helping others.
    You got that right. I served in the Army in the 60's and we had some non citizen legal immigrants serve in my unit in Nam and they were OK. We had a Tex Mex, a Canuck, and a German (in C Troop). They were all fine and we got along great.

When I was in Korea the only one we couldn't get along with was a PR and he was to much for anyone to bear in our out of the service. He finally got a special court marshal and discharged with a bad conduct discharge. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by IDHVAC View Post
    This bill would not have invited in any illegals, it would only have applied to people that were here atleast 5 years before its passage.

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    This bill would not have invited in any illegals, it would only have applied to people that were here atleast 5 years before its passage.
    Well better luck next time getting your citizenship there pagey. I don't care if they have been here 100 years if you entered illegally then you should be sent back. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

so your now you qualify????

sorry, you left yourself open
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well better luck next time getting your citizenship there pagey. I don't care if they have been here 100 years if you entered illegally then you should be sent back. Thank you, thank you very much
    What if the bill included better border security and penalties for hiring illegals?

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    so your now you qualify????

sorry, you left yourself open
    I guess lol. I actually think this bill will pass someday. If it does pass someday that actually leaves the door open longer for more illegals to qualify. Also I believe originally this was a republican bill circa 2001 or so.

What if the bill included better border security and penalties for hiring illegals?
    Just do it without letting illegals become citizens. Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

I actually think this bill will pass someday. If it does pass someday that actually leaves the door open longer for more illegals to qualify.
    Ok riddle me this, if the US does a massive roundup now since this law has not passed, and this will open that door now, and you said it does pass someday, there will be "more" illegals? How is that? I am no mathematician, but if you start sending folks back, or they start heading back, how do we end up with more?
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

They knew going in it would not pass. The only reason it was put to vote is so that Dems could tell their Hispanic constituencies that they tried to get something done, but Repubs killed it. This Congress has been 100% about showmanship and politicking -- and nothing about getting the important work (funding the govt, tax law) done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast