Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Pioneer
    Originally posted by condenseddave
    Originally posted by fat eddy
    I understand that, but the reality is that they come and ask questions and we being the customer oriented people that we are do not turn them down.
    Click on the link in my signature line.

Specifically:
    Forum rule #2
    Do-It-Yourselfers - not here.

This site is for industry professionals and folks seeking HVAC/R advice and knowledge. Please do not ask for step by step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own HVAC equipment, that is our job and our livelihood. We are generous, but not to a fault.

Questions of this type will not be answered and may be deleted

Dave I think you may have overlooked something in your quote
    you completely skipped over this one to get to the section you quoted.

Who Is Welcome Here?

Anyone in the HVAC industry and home or building owners with HVAC/R concerns and other polite and fun people that are willing to contribute.

I didn't overlook anything.

Read my FIRST line. That's a hyperlink to the site rules.

I never said that anyone wasn't welcome here.

Again, you're trying to twist things around to suit your own unprofessional agenda. Try actually working for a living in the HVAC trade, Seattle, before you dole out anymore of your own version of dangerous advice.

You've tried this before, and lost. So you changed your name slightly, your MO is still the same.

[Edited by condenseddave on 02-20-2005 at 07:49 PM]

LOTS

Originally posted by fixit50
    if you are an acvtive member here and a paying member and OWN an hvac business then there should be a secure area for that. Pay per question.... I think that has been brought up before.
    Of us do not OWN our business, but are VERY qualified to answer, just a technicality....
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Originally posted by swampfox
    Sure homeowners are welcome here, but rule #1 doesn't negate rule #2, there are other questions a homeowner may have other than how to fix it themselves.
    It's just Seattle Pioneer in disguise, trying to "lay low' in his own inimitable, cowardly manner.

I say there should be a pay per question for the home owners to ask their questions if they want a real answer, then if you are an acvtive member here and a paying member and OWN an hvac business then there should be a secure area for that. Pay per question.... I think that has been brought up before.
    Hey I saw that link on E-bay $10.00 per queston !

Hmmmmm your not Indicating that all the Techs on here Should own their own Business before they reply to questions ?

Rule #1 States

Anyone in the HVAC industry and home or building owners with HVAC/R concerns and other polite and fun people that are willing to contribute.

Feel free to ask any question relating to HVAC, or other topics of general interest.

So I don't think charging for real answers to general questions is really justified.

Then too I thought the Pro Forum was for the Real Pros to get answers to their questions !

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

This same crap starts every couple months.

the argument never changes, it just gets brough forward over and over.

As Dave mentioed there is a liabilty with each answer, how many of theses furnaces have been check for c.o.?/? When was the last time they been cleaned? get it working on here by an answer and some big lawyer comes along and sues the owner of the site and the person who answers it, the only way I see is that a tech comes here gives ansers and then moves on to the next H.O. by having a per per question for the h.o. and a true hvac company answering then who does the liabilty fall upon? See where this can all go? There are alot of qualified contractors on this site and alot of super techs on this site, I have even seen some homeowners answer questions. This is one reason our insurance rates are high, it is a sue happy world and there are people who will sue you for saying or doing anything that they find that they dis like of you.I rambled on to much. Words are all goofed up now.

Show me the link on ebay i have not a thing there sir..

Again, you're trying to twist things around to suit your own unprofessional agenda. Try actually working for a living in the HVAC trade, Seattle, before you dole out anymore of your own version of dangerous advice.

[/B]
    CD, same MO, different dude... I thought the same as you but unless he has 2 different profiles and posting histories it is 2 different (discription deleted because Pioneer cried like a little girl about being called a name).

[Edited by control_noob on 02-21-2005 at 09:40 AM]

Not working in the HVAC industry, could I make a donation and have access to the "professional member" part of the forum? I always follow the rules of the board and have been a member for over 4 years.

I'm seeing so many posts on DIY, and DIY bashing that reading this board is becoming less fun and less informative. I've read a lot more general homeowner bashing too.

I come here because I enjoy reading what the pros have to say....and I have learned a lot.

I'd hate to see this board in particular become just a place to rant rather than learn. Seems not only are the bash/DIY posts increasing, they are all rapidly becoming multiple page posts....

Within reason I doubt anyone has a problem giving some advice to a DIY/HO. Check your filters, make sure the switch is on, doors are on the furnace, no you can't repair a heat exchanger, and helpfull advice on how to choose a company.

Much beyond that though I think is too much.

Show me the link on ebay i have not a thing there sir..
    I linked to it thru the General Discussion Forum if I see it again will let you know ! Somewhere else in my travels I saw another one should have kept that handy as well.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

Ok I read the rules sounds like be polite,give general advice to homeowners nothing specific, and no pricing.

Originally posted by control_noob

CD, same MO, different dude... I thought the same as you but unless he has 2 different profiles and posting histories it is 2 different anal-retentives. [/B]
    I apologize, then, for the mistaken identity.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast