Thread: water softeners

Question

About how much will a new water softener, iron filter, reverse osmosis filter, new kitchen faucet and ice-maker in freezer hookup cost me approx with removal of old water boss, etc?

Seven dollars.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

You're crazy, It'll run him at least twice that.

Send an e-mail to "Ask This Old House" and see if Trethewey will come do it for free for ya.

Usually when I want to know how much something is going to cost I pick up the yellow pages. It's really cool. They break things up by industry and put them in an easy to locate format, alphabetically. If it were me I would look under watersofteners or something like that. There should be names and numbers for companies/installers. Call on of them, but it will probably require someone coming out to your house to do some kind of estimate. I think that's what they are called. You will then know how much your project will cost. If you are wanting to do it yourself I would advise against it as it will probably be slightly harder than working the keyboard on a computer.
    Installs, Changeouts, & Heat Stroke.....not necessarily in that order