Hello all.
I'm hoping some of you may be able to enlighten me. I'll try to be as breif as possible.
I'm trrying to decide on a HVAC system for the garage I've built. This is one area that I'm going to leave to the pro's because I don't have much experience in this area. I have built a 24' x 30' garage with a full 2'nd story that is going to be our rec room, half bath, kitchenette, and guest bedroom. I am ready to start the insulating and drywall, but I want to get central heat & a/c installed first. I can't seem to get a straight answer from the locals on which type of system to have installed or who to get to install it. Cost of instalation isn't a major factor, but I'm wondering if propane or electric would be the most economical to operate. We have propane in our home, but the fuel bills are really getting high. I hope this doesn't cause a major debate for you, but any reccomendations would be appreciated. We will only need the system for the upstairs, but having a little heat in the lower garage area would be nice too. Typical TN climate around here. Winters aren't too bad, but hot summer months. If any of you are in the Nashville area, I'd love a contactor referral on who to install me a system.
Thanks guys!
David