We had a local ice fishing tourney today, and I finally placed in one. I got 17th place but it was worth $400. I still have all my toes so it was a good day.

This was one of those 3 hour tounaments where they predrill the holes, and you cant leave the area. I actually caught the 2nd fish of the day, and landed 3 others during the tourny but not bigger than the first Walleye I caught.

Just thought Id brag

Oh yeah, it was .456 lbs lol...

3.85lb Walleye won the first place Artic Cat sled.

[Edited by Chad711 on 02-19-2005 at 11:31 PM]
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Chad

Glad to hear you got away from those HE replacements for a day. Sounds like a pretty big tourney with those prizes. What was the registration fee and how many folks ?
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Good job Chad

I took my friend and our boys to the creek. We brought back 40 sum white bass.

Originally posted by Chad711
    We had a local ice fishing tourney today, and I finally placed in one. I got 17th place but it was worth $400. I still have all my toes so it was a good day.

This was one of those 3 hour tounaments where they predrill the holes, and you cant leave the area. I actually caught the 2nd fish of the day, and landed 3 others during the tourny but not bigger than the first Walleye I caught.

Just thought Id brag

Oh yeah, it was .456 lbs lol...

3.85lb Walleye won the first place Artic Cat sled.

[Edited by Chad711 on 02-19-2005 at 11:31 PM]
    Geez all that money, maybe you can host the HVAC-TALK convention. Do they let you pee in the hole if the urge strikes you. I liked fishing when my kids were small they kept me busy, but now i'm to restless to fish.

Well best fishes and have fun.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Yeah if you wanna pee down the fishing hole go for it, but they do have outhouses on the lake heh. It was a $25 entry fee, I was just lucky getting 17th place they randomly put good prizes out there, 16th and 18th got about $125 so I just lucked out for once. Nice Picture Poppa, I got my biggest Bass in Minny this Summer just over 5lbs, they dont get too big here..
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Was this the Brainard contest? Hear they get about 16,000 fisherman out for that one. I shoulda gone to the Golden Rainbow event on Forest Lake but didn't (sigh). Maybe next year. I didn't even get a button and look for the Medallion. Oughta change my moniker to Sr Couch Patatoed.

poppa: that a catfish mixed in with those bass?