Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I dont have those numbers, sorry but I am sure if you used the same parameters, it would have about the same effect it did on the Carrier. (improved latent performance). You're right the ARI requirements for testing are unrealistic in my opinion but generally they arent engineered so much for those numbers, they should be desinged for performance throughout.

Uhh to answer you next question ...yes (I am ssuming you mean at 1st stage operation nominal vs. dehum). The reason is at full capacity you see that to be the case in both brands, and since Ruud didnt drop the 1st stage to 50% but selected closer to 70%. The relationship isnt affected as much. I imagine the line is crossed around 60%.

I suspect the reasoning is that part load is where it spends the most time they decided 50% would require staging more frequently.

Dash, I wasnt picking on Carrier, dont get me wrong. I was merely pointing out that SEER in and of itself can be deceptively used for advertising even though the 18 is reached by both in limited applications. I was actually hoping somone could post the trane or lennox numbers using thir ultra efficient machine in a similar match.

[Edited by docholiday on 02-23-2005 at 12:00 PM]

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Doc ,No problem here ,the numbers are the numbers.

Two things ,one your numbers show Rudd dehum. fan speed,1st stage ,has more total capacity then ,1 stage nominal fan speed.that doesn't seem correct.

Carrier fan speeds for the match shown are slightly different than the nes you mentioned.

38TDB037,FV006:
    1st stage nominal-660,dehum-530
    2nd stage nominal-1100,dehum-880

All of these can be lowered by 10% ,to increase latent,though the literature doesn't show ratings with every possible cfm.

Hmmm I'll go back when I have some time to review it...

Uhh let me ask you this, and please double check it. You can configure normal cooloing fan to drop by 10%, yes thats correct, but dehum is about a 15% drop from nominal, not from the already reduced 10%. That would be nearly 25%.

Ok yes the Ruud numbers are correct. Since the unit has a good latent capacity as it is, the sensible only drops 150 but we pick up an additional 650 in latent.

Geeze Dash.... I dont know.. who does... fix it for me and make your point! õ¿õ

So when you use the 10% adjust. then on call for dehum. the fan speed is at 15% of nominal not 15% of already reduced speed? correct? The information on the units I install isn't very clear about the dehumidify funtion.
    Please step AWAY from the condensing unit.

Yes, you would drop only an addtional 5% on the Ruud, Dash will have to tell you for sure what it is on Carrier. You still have to maintain minimum airflow.

leework2000: Thanks for the link to get the SEER numbers. It looks like the Carrier Infiity 18 is rated at 13 SEER and the Trane XL19i is 16 SEER. Both lower than the advertised numbers. Sure nothing to jump up and shout about.
    I think we are going to go with the Carrier system. I have heard about some problems with the Trane dual comressor set up. It's also higher in $, that and the fact that the Carrier infinity controls are supposed to be so good.

Thanks or all the help it has been a good discssion.
    Jane

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123