Because no one wants to fix their own lawnmower!

Let us know how it goes and I might give it a whirl myself!
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Great thread. I started out many years ago as a Sears tech and you would be amazed at what people do with their mowers. I had a guy that had to mow behind his fence and tossed the mower over the fence and broke the deck in half. He wanted a warranty repair! Another bright person had a tree fall on his riding mower, wanted a warranty repair. So you see, run ins with brilliance doesnt stop with HVAC, no matter what you do as a proffession, homeowners and the like will try to take from you in order to save a buck. Good Luck
    Proud supporter of Springfield Millers and Oregon Ducks.

I was waiting for a lawn mower repairman to voiuce his opinion of WHAT ARE YOU DOING? thats something you should hire a profesional to do. Might even see that word HACK come into use. LOL I just had to add this being I guess when I listen to people come on complaining at us for not answering DYI questions it gives me a chance to look at it from their point of view. Guess the only way Im taking my mower in for repair is if there is no way in hell I could figure out whats wrong with it. I had a weed eater break down once and took it in for repairs at a new shop in town. I was supprised at how many used mowers ,weed eaters and other small engine they had for sale there. When I went back to pick it up the bill was about 2 dollars less then the price of a new one. I told them thats crazy to put that much in it if you know I would be better with a new one. Quickly I relized that about half the people in their office were unsatisfied customers and all the used equipmet they had for sale were ones that peopl just left instead of paying the bill. I let them have my weed eater being it needed new line put on it and being I had seen one a few days before that was a way better model with a new spool of line and other features,. they could have mine. Oh ya they went broke about 2- months later.......they deserved it lol

[Edited by dec on 02-24-2005 at 12:11 PM]

You will starve in MD, everyone just throws them away when a plug gets fouled. Lawn mower sales,......now thats an idea!
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"
    "he that's walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly" Proverbs 13:20
    "Pressure is something people feel when they don't know what their doing". Peyton Manning-superbowl MVP

A few years ago I bought a Lawn Boy at a yard sale a couple of blocks over from my house. He was real disgusted with it and I got him down to $10. I took it home and fixed it in about 30 minutes and went back to his house and offered to mow his yard for $20 with his mower.

.......He wasn't very happy.

Originally posted by wolfdog
    A few years ago I bought a Lawn Boy at a yard sale a couple of blocks over from my house. He was real disgusted with it and I got him down to $10. I took it home and fixed it in about 30 minutes and went back to his house and offered to mow his yard for $20 with his mower.

.......He wasn't very happy.
    BWAAA HAAA HAAA, thanks for the great laugh you made my day.
    Proud supporter of Springfield Millers and Oregon Ducks.

On a service call last year the hatch was open on the back of her SUV. Inside was a big Honda box. I offered to help her unload the box and she took me up on it. Said she had to replace her Craftsman mower cause it stopped working. Her son had disassembled it and it couldn't be fixed. She wanted to know if I wanted it. I took it home, reassembled it and used it all summer. Runs like a champ!
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

I found a brand new lawn mower in front of a dumpster. I loaded on the van and took it home. I pulled the start cord and engine was locked up. I checked the oil in it and it was filled to the brim (this is one with a dipstick). I replaced the oil and removed some out of combustion chamber. Took me less than 20 minutes to fix.

This was 4-5 years ago. I still use that mower.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Well I guess i was wrong

DIY . com they're taking over, They can fix anything
    even their own lawnmowers