New Member - Hello all - Heat Pump Recommendation

Hello all. A little about myself - Im in the Army and am trying to get into my house before I have to deploy again. I am new to HVAC and hope I can get some good input from you all.

I am wrapping up a remodel of my house and can almost move in but the Heat pump - split unit just went out. It is a 5 ton heat pump by lennox and I belive it was original to the house so it would be 30+ yrs old. Obviously I was expecting this to happen just hoped it wasn't when I'm pretty much out of $$ due to the renovation. I really would appreciate input on brand choice / quality and cost. I live right outside New Orleans, La and the house does not have gas.

Again, any input is greatly appreciated.

Welcome dtall

Your question would be better posted in the Residential HVAC forum, you'll get far more responses there.

Thanks

dtall, i installed a new lennox heat pump last year i put in everything condenser furnace coil i love it works great i spent about *** on everything dont know what cost would be if yr just replaceing the condensor but remember they dont make r22 anymore so you will have to change out coil and lines set good luck and if yr having it installed yr looking at around ******
    Last edited by k-fridge; 12-17-2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Remove pricing

I am going to install a completely new split system.

e-mail me at *********with your phone # and I will help you out.
    Last edited by k-fridge; 12-17-2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Removed e-mail addy

Gentlemen,

Pricing or e-maill addresses are not allowed in posts. You may put e-mail addresses in your profiles only.

Thank you

That shouldn't be that difficult, if you can get a tech out to do a manual J and heat loss/gain on your house and get the equipment by the 1st you will get a rebate from the electric co. within 4 weeks and then up to $1500 the cost of the equipment on your tax return. You are in the South so the humidity is greater and needs to be accounted for when properly sizing the equipment. With no gas electric might be a little less expensive I'm not sure what the kw/hr. cost is down there. If possable try to get more that one opinion.

sorry let me try again

Sorry to any moderator, I don't think I did. But that isn't pricing is it?

Okay dtall click on my handle and in my profile you will find my e mail address, I will be happy to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC dawg View Post
    Sorry to any moderator, I don't think I did. But that isn't pricing is it?
    I think mention of the tax credit is probably OK.