Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Install Time

6 hours

recovered old gas, disconnected line set and wiring, physically removed old out door and indoor unit, removed old line set, positioned new outdoor unit, hung indoor unit, wired both, run line set, brazed, pressure tested, vaccumed, re-charged, installed and configured t stat, commisioned and checked operation and as you say upgraded electrical in 6 hours. I'm impressed. Well done.

2 men 8 hours each.(including disposal of old equipment)

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

1 day for me

Two (very young) guys started about 9 am and finished between 5 and 6. They had a little trouble with my water pump (no floor drain), had to redo the connection, it's still leaking a little. But craftsmanship, etc., was very good. They cleaned all up well. Carrier, infinity furnace, 3 ton 12 seer, humidifier.

Ok two guys 9:am til 6m, that is more than 8 hours even with a lunch, They had to load the equipment somewhere and unload the old stuff somewhere it also takes time to drive and replace the stock on the truck, it also takes time to tinker with a leak. Its more than one day even if you do it one day. Its a two day job no matter how you look at it. It is hard to do a job correctly if it isn't priced correctly.

Ahh heck I put a complete in last week by my self with my right arm in a cast in less four hours. New line set,fau, condenser, evap, zone control dampers, uv lamp , humidifier, eac. It does'nt work, nothings level, but I did go fishing later that afternoon.

Originally posted by 1manshow
    Originally posted by aircooled53
    Book says 6 hours for furnace-retro-fit, that is just change-out NO Extra's..

The book gives 4 hours for condenser-retro-fit,again this is NO extra's ,just vacuum ,wiring,charge.
    What kind book are you using and where can i get it. THANKS

My book my hours..
    I just knew you would come back with a smart ass remark..
    Newbie, just trying to find a topic to grip about..
    Maybe when you get a little experience; you too will be able to do a change out. 2 days = what % of profit?

Smile

Book says 6 hours for furnace-retro-fit, that is just change-out NO Extra's..

The book gives 4 hours for condenser-retro-fit,again this is NO extra's ,just vacuum ,wiring,charge.
    What kind book are you using and where can i get it. THANKS

My book my hours..
    I just knew you would come back with a smart ass remark..
    Newbie, just trying to find a topic to grip about..
    Maybe when you get a little experience; you too will be able to do a change out. 2 days = what % of profit?
    Sorry if you got wrong impression. I wasn,t trying to be cute. Im trying to get good sound advise from fellow professionals, to adusted my system so i can say competive with other contractors. I really don,t want to become a lowballer. From the sound of your reply, it sounded like you had a good reference book for quoting you got some were. Thats what I was asking for, were i could purchase it. By the way I install in 1.5 to 2 days depending on job. I was checking to see if I was competive and accurate in crew hours. Thanks for your input, have a nice day.

[Edited by 1manshow on 02-20-2005 at 02:22 PM]
    Those who can do, do and those who can't pay.

1manshow why are you registerd as a pro? If you were a pro you wouldnt ask stupid questions you would already know the answer.

How long should a crew of two men (one lead and one helper)take to remove old 80% furnace (20 yrs.) and coil in basement, and old condensing unit outside. Replace with new units and bring up to code. Location 20 miles from shop. What would total time be including travel.
    How long would it take YOU?

Am I the Newbie being referred to ?

If you estimated two days to do it then why would the % of profit change ? If you estimsted one day and you got to go back to fix a leak the next day what % of profit is that ?

Smile

Originally posted by condenseddave
    How long should a crew of two men (one lead and one helper)take to remove old 80% furnace (20 yrs.) and coil in basement, and old condensing unit outside. Replace with new units and bring up to code. Location 20 miles from shop. What would total time be including travel.
    How long would it take YOU?
    1.5 to 2 days. Thanks
    Those who can do, do and those who can't pay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12