New England Hydro Air - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by traron
    What is the difference between the Carlin Elite and EZ burners?
    Nothing, same burner. The Elite actually refers to the family of burners Carlin has named them. The 3 residential models of the Elite "Series" are EZ-1, EZ-2, and (you guessed it) EZ-3. The main difference is the maximum firing rate they can handle. I believe the EZ-1 can fire 1.65 gallons per hour, which will handle all but the biggest homes. The 2 and 3 EZ's are mostly light commercial, but I bet some rich guy with a 8000 sq. ft house might need one. That's an oil account I'd want!!

Taron,

ADP has a new variable speed air handler with hydro coil called the BV series. It is just starting to ship but I don't know how the price compares to the multispeed unit.

I live just south of Boston and the humidity is horrid in July & August. Of course winter's been so frigid and long here this year, one can easily forget about the heat and humidity, heck it feels like Saskatchawan. Note with a 12SEER condensor if adding a TXV or using a VS fan, SEER will improve a point or two.

I will be using a Buderus boiler that can modulate temp but I was informed that it is not as beneficial in a hydro-air system as in baseboard or radiant. Also looking at the Turbomax for unlimited domestic hot water and a less expensive solution than a mondo 100 gallon indirect.

Thanks for your input I have decided to go with WM WGO4 w/ Carlin, Gold PLus 60, Heatcontroller multispeed AH's, and two Fridigidare Condensing units. I feel confident with my contractor because he has spent considerable time with me going over my existing ductwork and the heat loss analysis he did. This system will be cost effective and adequate for our needs.

I just started up me new Hydroair system and it works great! I have a WM Ultra boiler that supplies the coil which is connected to a Trane variable speed air handeler. The boiler works out well because of the ODT resest with modulates the boiler firing rate. So far the heat has been great!

Here is the system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12