Thread: Pipe brace

Post Likes
    I need to keep two pipes aligned in all planes. Can't use threaded rod style because they could still move around. Need something like a cage or bars.

Post Likes
    Use the threaded rod style but bolt it to an angle iron bracket.you can fabricate a four point or two point bracket that would hold a truck if that is what you want lol.
    Take your time & do it right!

Post Likes
    How big is this pipe? I'm not exactly sure I envision what you need, but would a chunk of unistrut and a "cush clamp" work for you?

Post Likes
    You've got to tell us why!

Maybe a pair of threaded rod type hangers at each hanger location making a "V"?

edit: can't draw pictures with symbols, spaces are removed and you can't tell what it is.
    Ryan
    Maintenance Guy
    -----------------
    naysayer, skeptic, conspiracy theorist

Post Likes
    if the hangers are opposite each other down the run,cut a piece of rod and place it between the 2 vertical rods on the horizontal.kindorff! cut to catch both threaded rod drops to the hangers,cut one to test the space between pipes,and just go down the line.(if hangers are exsistiing)you want cut the kindorff so the hole is just cut so to accept the rod as you pinch it in between the rods.
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Post Likes
    Have you considered up the size of the rod to half " ?
    And for those of you in "Rio Lindo" Kindorff is the slotted green U chanel bar,there are some other heavier gauge U channels outhere,up north where I'live we refered to it as kendorff AKA hanger strap.

Post Likes
    Down here in Texas we refer to it as unistrut.
    Saddle Up!

Post Likes

Post Likes

Here it is

You can see the mess this is. These joints have loosened twice (and will again) because of the piping moving and loosening the gaskets. There is absolutely nowhere to anchor to so we need to solidly join these together.

Post Likes
    what's the blue stuff ? its locktite? I' dont fully understand how and why the joints are coming loose ,but I' would try some thread lock and maybe a join expansion arrestor or a vibration absorber.
    I' also got an idea from the posted picture ,Can you use a couple of victaulic flanges or couplings install 'em at the very far end of the joins and link them with threated rod?

Post Likes
    Tough to tell what you got, it looks to me like 1 1/2 galvy tied to 1 1/4 galvy with a dresser reducer coupling and then a 1 1/4 threaded valve?

It looks like a tough place to re-pipe with new threaded or welded or soldered pipe but thats probably what you'll have to do to prevent the pipes from pulling apart (unless lateral movement is required).

Dresser couplings are easy to install but they dont make a solid connection.

[Edited by powerhead on 02-19-2005 at 04:13 PM]

Post Likes
    Originally posted by powerhead
    Tough to tell what you got, it looks to me like 1 1/2 galvy tied to 1 1/4 galvy with a dresser reducer coupling and then a 1 1/4 threaded valve?

It looks like a tough place to re-pipe with new threaded or welded or soldered pipe but thats probably what you'll have to do to prevent the pipes from pulling apart.

Yeah, those couplings gotta go.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Try using friction (riser) clamps two on either end then run t-rod between them. You'll have room to put the t-rod between the clamps at the ends and bolt them on.

Good Luck!
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by vmc1161
    Try using friction (riser) clamps two on either end then run t-rod between them. You'll have room to put the t-rod between the clamps at the ends and bolt them on.

Good Luck!
    ya, rod the joints

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Diceman
    Originally posted by powerhead

It looks like a tough place to re-pipe with new threaded or welded or soldered pipe but thats probably what you'll have to do to prevent the pipes from pulling apart.

Yeah, those couplings gotta go.
    Lose those Dressers!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in