there are meeting this weekend in MIDTOWN with the players,owners and the commish,the sports talk radio had John Davidson on and he feels Bettman cancelled it...just to bring all the factions back together in this frame of mind to save the season.he hopes the owners will loosen up and raise the money.
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px5YcOeQB4I

So if they cancel the season how are you crazed hockey fans going to react???? Will you return to the games next season or make them suffer like the baseball lovers did for a couple years???

they say if they stay out till Sept it would be the best thing for the sports.it needs a good overhaul on all its aspects to draw the fans and the bucks.
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px5YcOeQB4I

The best thing they can do is let it die, and then bring it back next year with new rules, less teams, less expense, and a better overall product.

My daughter is still playing high school hockey and her teams doing well, I think its my yelling thats doing it (not). When the regular season is over there are plenty of college teams and some great high school playoff games, including my daughters team to watch. After that I hope i'll be to busy to care. Well keep your stick on the ice and your head up.

PS; I coached for 17 years and stopped two years ago, i'm probably going to start again next season. Most likely girls youth midgets or pee wee's.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

I say screw the NHL, watch collegiate hockey. It's more fun.

Please, a player needs you ....

http://www.country105.com/station/nhl_psa.cfm?JOR=5173

don
    don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

here's a solution...
    correct an error made over the last 15 years to allow cities to join the league in places where they can't tell the difference between a hockey puck and a volley ball.

(...bubba says "what's that 'bout them vooolay balls...?")

That is, reduce the number of teams in non-hockey towns.

New Criteria for having an NHL team:
    If NASCAR ranks higher in popularity within a particular city...then Hockey is NOT allowed.

Problem solved.