Thread: ATTN: LANDLORDS

Post Likes
    if you own a property with an aging hvac system, you may want to consider replacing it this year.

effective jan? 2006, minimum effiencey standards will change from 10 to 13 seer. a thirteen seer system will probably be about 20-40% higher in price than the 10.

(and who couldn't use the writeoff next year?)

i wouldn't recommend this for any other reason, than it being an investment property.

Post Likes

SEER jump

isn't it true that they will only stop manufacturing anything below 13 seer after jan 06? a lot of that 10-12 seer stuff will be around and sold and installed for a long time afterwards......

Post Likes
    How much of the under 13 SEER equipment left after Jan 23, 2006 remains to be seen. From what I've been told, most all of the manufaurers will stop producing any unit under 13 SEER as of April of this year. With that in mind, if there is a good hot summer and a lot of demand for replacements, this equipment could get pretty hard to find.

Post Likes
    Last stocking order here for <13 SEER is 5-1-05. There won't be anything left in our warehouse after the summer (probably before the summer gets going).

Post Likes
    I have a customer conserdeing changing over 250 window thru the wall ac heatpumps does this 13 seer apply to thouse units too

Post Likes
    DOE website press release says the standard will apply to residential central air conditioners. Doesn't appear to apply to terminal air units.

Does anyone have a copy of the regulation? I haven't been able to find the source document.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in