Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anybody ever used a lon XL50 to talk to an MCS controller?

The MCS controller is on a 100% OA Florida Heatpump. WE have an MCS portal (gateway) that talks to the MCS controller via rs485 on one side and then goes to an slta adapter that is hooked to the 50.

I have imported the xif file for the 3rd party device into care. I have mapped and bound some NV's from the Florida heatpump. I can see the values of all the NVO's from the florida heatpump by looking at the module (plugin) onnet in the terminal assignment windoe in the network tree, but the 50 cannot see a value in XL online from any of the psuedo analog points that are bound from the nvo's.

Any thoughts are welcomed and appreciated.

Sysinst, Lonboy, anyone?

Bye the way MCS stands for Micro Control Solutions. These controllers are also installed on Aaonn chillers.

Not familiar enough to help you here...

I'd say dump the two controllers in LM and bind to find your problem.

Do you have heart beat enabled? Also do you have the Excelon tool for network diagnostics? You could look and see that the packets are bieng sent to the 50 or if it is requesting the data.

I do have the heartbeat enabled. I do not have Excelon except the demo version which I might be able to use since it will do two nodes.

I believe the xif file is wrong. When compared to other xif files that work fine it seems to be missing alot of stuff in the file.

The mfg of the MCS controllers is no help. They no nothing about lon. I spoke with the guy who did the xif file. He said all they do is use a program that pulls the info out of their portal that they defined and it automaticaly generates the xif file.

"I believe the xif file is wrong. When compared to other xif files that work fine it seems to be missing alot of stuff in the file. "

- Just upload from the Device.

Originally posted by sysint
    "I believe the xif file is wrong. When compared to other xif files that work fine it seems to be missing alot of stuff in the file. "

- Just upload from the Device.
    How will that help me since the device was created by me using the xif that does not work?

Sounds like the device is not LonMark approved? Good luck!

Well, let me clarify my post a little.

The MCS portal or gateway is using an slta adapter to talk on the lon side. So it does not have it's own lon interface.

You are saying the EIA232 port is hooked up to this MCI device and you connect lon side?

Then this is a custom serial gateway...

Refer to Chapter 13 (ironic) Here

.....which means that MCS is a pile of *^^%()_#_)(*_)_$.

Sysint

Thanks for the info, I will review it although this looks like it is over my head.

Got any MCS web links?

I'll see if I can find something. I have been told that this gateway that the slta is tied to is made by Automated Logic for MCS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast