Evacuation Levels Prior To Refrigerant Charge
    Any air conditioner manufacturing engineers out there? What micron level do you evacuate your units to prior to refrigerant charge in order to "boil off" the moisture? We've polled many of our clients and would like to broaden the scope of our research for our VacuCharge system:

http://www.ecicomplete.com/vacucharge.html

So far it appears that the average is 200-400 microns.

eciguy
    http://www.ecicomplete.com

FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

200 microns is good,but most units on r22 will do well at 400 microns of vacuumn pull.r22 doesnt like moisture,the lower the better.sometimes its hard to reach 200.
    rifle

I am an instructor for a major manufacturer of HVAC equipment. We require that you reach a 500 micron standing vacuum and use an electronic vacuum gage to prove it.

This is also the EPAs recommendation. As far as I know all manufacturers hold to this standard.

Norm

Originally posted by NormChris

I am an instructor for a major manufacturer of HVAC equipment. We require that you reach a 500 micron standing vacuum and use an electronic vacuum gage to prove it.

This is also the EPAs recommendation. As far as I know all manufacturers hold to this standard.

Norm
    Since moisture has to be removed from the "pores" of the piping,and that takes time, for how long do you maintain the 500 micron vacuum before you say that things are ok?

If it holds at that point for 10 minutes without rising then there is no more water boiling off, this is a very very low vacuum. About 1/50th of one inch