Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: otto

Originally posted by oroy54
    Your welcome here in South Texas. These refinery's and petrochemical plants are looking wanting people like you to work on their systems. These jobs are called "Permanant Contract Jobs". The only draw back is that you have to have two trades. Roy
    I still have a couple pair of NOMEX. What's required for another trade?

Just don't tell me it has anything to do with a plunger!

If you are willing to relocate across the country?? Seattle has been booming for 15 years, non-stop. We have seen no slow-down, winter- summer. HVAC Techs are in demand. If you know what you are doing $30 an hour is normal with bennies after a 60 day trial. The down-side is the typical house costs 289,000. All of the O.T. you can stand is available, year round. $290K may sound extreme for a home` but if you are willing to drive 45 minutes the cost of living goes down considerably ($170, 4 bed, 2.5 bath,)The 300,000 home has a great view of Mt. Rainier. Awesome salmon fishing in the summer, great hunting in the fall(mule deer, white tails, black-tail, chucker, grouse, ducks, geese, quail, rabbits, elk, and black bears 2 per year.)

I thought Lourneyman in Seattle was 38 an hour

Otto, did you purse any snatches yet? Oops I mean snatch any purses...........
    Have you hugged the Earth today?
    Donny Baker rules

I think he's out buying new gym shoes.

Hey all, I got to work yesterday!M on a boiler also revealed a bad gauge, leaky drain and a bad Red Fox pump. I'll go back Monday to replace the pump. Then off to Benihana for no hot water. Taco pump impeller disintegrated. Nobody had a new cartridge anywhere close so they got a new B&G PL50B with flanges. Bill was over $1,000 but I don't design nor do I build the parts, they want hot water NOW, they're going to pay the price. Finally a late-season res furnace PM so I got done at 9.25 hrs for the day and I have some work lined up for Monday.
    R2B4BTU

Oh, and I migh purse a snatch this weekend now that Aunt Flo is not visiting!
    R2B4BTU

This time of year when we have a call we have the time to fix ALL problems seen with the systems we service and i like that part. At our company all men get 8 hours a day even if we are sweeping and cleaning..............our shop looks the best it ever has......lol!

Brian
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Otto ,

You sound a little remorse about the price of the pump and service. You are right you don't manufacture the pump. Don't try to justify the price. Just take the price apply your markup and bill it.There is no shame in this.

I just hate when Aunt Flo comes to visit. Everything is our fault and we don't get none.

Originally posted by otto
    Oh, and I migh purse a snatch this weekend now that Aunt Flo is not visiting!
    ....stupid me, I always thought Flo's name was Red...guess I got her mixed up with someone else

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12