I recently built a 5500 sq ft house using insulated forms for the basement and structrual insulated panels for wall and roof. Ranch style walkout basement. Can anyone help me with my layout we recently had a co prob. and the furnace drying out the floor drain trap. So lots of issues York 90% installed. There is also a power vent waterheater next to it, open web floor trusses that is also open to it. I am definate it has something to do with the furnace do to I am a level 1 thermographer and have done many intense thermal scans of the house. I figure the house has about a r value of 45 to 50. It can get to below zero and if you turn the furnace off at night the house will only drop 2 degrees. I am in desperate need of advance any and all will be so helpfull. Thanks

Model number of the furnace.

Where does the furnaces condensate drain run to.

Is it piped 1 or 2 pipe.

What kind of CO problem.

What were the circumstance when you had the Co problem

Do you have an erv, or hrv installed.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thats truly is a tight home,I agree with beenthere sure hope you have a erv with that envelope.

Exclamation testing

sipman, you really need a blower door test! It sounds like you're living in a terrarium. You haven't told us where and how this house inhales air, how it is balanced, what the CFM50, ACH, or ELA are. You also need to conduct a Worst Case Depressurization test along with the blower door.

Check out:
    http://www.Infiltec.com
    http://www.energyconservatory.org Get their Minneapolis Blower Door manual for ~$10.00. They also have a set of tapes for about $100.00 that includes IR thermography guided weatherization techniques.
    HTH