+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Union in Akron/Cleveland

Post Likes
    I'm considering relocating to the Akron area of Ohio. Can someone give me some info on the Union hall there? Is it the same union for Akron and Cleveland area? Also,how are the commercial service rates there? I know, I'm just full of questions.lol

Post Likes
    Here is the local union which is Local 33, rates are bound by the employer and are not all that great as compared to a non union shop. Take it from someone who knows.

http://www.smwlu33.org/

Post Likes
    Thanks! question though, lets say, to work for Carrier you would have to be in the sheet metal workers union? I tried the "union contractors" link on that site and it didn't work. What non-union service contractors would you recommend?

[Edited by tech cr on 02-17-2005 at 05:19 PM]

Post Likes
    There are lots of jobs located in the job sec in this forum plus there are numerous hvac job listings on the net. like http://www.mepatwork.com and a few others.

Post Likes
    Fitters out of Cleveland is local 120, 31 an hour is the net wage for journayman. Akron is a little lower ( if tyour looking for fitter work service etc. ( Carrier is out of Clevelands Local and they cover most of Akron anyway)

Post Likes
    Originally posted by fat eddy
    Fitters out of Cleveland is local 120, 31 an hour is the net wage for journayman. Akron is a little lower ( if tyour looking for fitter work service etc. ( Carrier is out of Clevelands Local and they cover most of Akron anyway)
    ..Thanks!. Do you have any contact info for local 120? So would this union include JCI,Siemens,York & Honeywell?

Post Likes
    Does include JCI, York, Carrier, Honeywell,Seimens and many more.

I don't think I should post specific names and numbers on the site but the generic numbers that you can find in a yellow pages book will get you the main line then ask for a business agent.

Post Likes
    Yeah your right, thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in