Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This years Christmas present from our government

Last Christmas they gave us health care. This year we will get the so called Dream Act, don't ask don't tell and another 2000 page bill that know one has read.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...s_seen_it.html
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

hussein iobama wants American citizens to PROVE they have health insurance but DOES NOT want ILLEGAL alien to PROVE they are American citizens. WHAT is WRONG with him??????????????
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Last Christmas they gave us health care. This year we will get the so called Dream Act, don't ask don't tell and another 2000 page bill that know one has read.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...s_seen_it.html
    Republicans are claiming that they haven't seen it but that is flat out false. It was a bi-partisan bill with amendments added by republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Republicans are claiming that they haven't seen it but that is flat out false. It was a bi-partisan bill with amendments added by republicans.

For the record.... You are intellectually dishonest and I will not reply to your posts. Knock yourself out.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Listened to Sean Hannady this afternoon (Friday 12/17) on the way home... here is what he said:
    *Both houses and Obummer signed off on extending the tax cuts for ALL income classes for 2 years. Included was a 13 mos extension of unemployment benefits.
    *The 1.2 $trillion (yes, with a T) omnibus govt funding bill laden with over 5000 slices of pork... was defeated. Seems some of congress got the message from the election last month.
    Question: Was the dream act and other goofy stuff in the omnibus bill? Or was it in a separate bill?

About PJ (and GeerAir and a few others)... go to your 'user CP' (upper left of the screen), and edit 'ignore'... just place these immature children on ignore and let them bother others. IMO they are just here for attention... deny it to them and they will go away.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

The dream act is separate as far as I know, as is don't ask don't tell. Good thing the omnibus failed because it was a piece of crap. It had 15 billion in it for rescuing Ireland. The only reason it failed, IMHO, is because there are some Dems that up for re-election and they did not want it to haunt them. Maybe they got the message, who knows. Only time will tell if the repubs got the message. Personally, I doubt it.

RE pj etc., it's not even worth the 10 seconds of time to change my settings. I just scroll on by and yawn knowing it's just more of the same ole same ole (totally predictable) spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    The dream act is separate as far as I know, as is don't ask don't tell. Good thing the omnibus failed because it was a piece of crap. It had 15 billion in it for rescuing Ireland. The only reason it failed, IMHO, is because there are some Dems that up for re-election and they did not want it to haunt them. Maybe they got the message, who knows. Only time will tell if the repubs got the message. Personally, I doubt it.

RE pj etc., it's not even worth the 10 seconds of time to change my settings. I just scroll on by and yawn knowing it's just more of the same ole same ole (totally predictable) spin.
    The reason it failed was because the republicans that said they were going to back it backed out at the last minute. Remember they need 60 votes on basically every bill now. Several were railing about earmarks when they had earmarks of their own in the bill.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hypoc...ry?id=12403958

Here is a list of earmarks by both parties in the Omnibus Bill. Funny how the republicans added earmarks without seeing the bill somehow.

http://cubachi.com/2010/12/15/list-o...spending-bill/

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Here is a list of earmarks by both parties in the Omnibus Bill. Funny how the republicans added earmarks without seeing the bill somehow.

http://cubachi.com/2010/12/15/list-o...spending-bill/
    And let's not forget the months and months of House and Senate committee, subcommittee and caucus hearings, meetings and work sessions involved in this bill; all of which were attended by Republicans.

No one has read it?

I believe our conservlican friends desperately need a remedial civics class.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Why don't you ride your high horse on out of town...your line is old as is the method that you deliver it in.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post

Why don't you ride your high horse on out of town...your line is old as is the method that you deliver it in.
    Who are you talking to? In either case I encourage you to post your thoughts. That is when you have any.

Geer, are you going to midnight Mass this year? My wife and I found a great 110 year old church. The congregation is about 60% Hispanic and it's in the rough part of town but it's beautiful. Really looking forward to midnight Mass there.

If you are going to worship the flying spaghetti monster, this is the place to do it.

Its about time for Congress to stop these wasteful bills and only be allowed to pass bills that are about one issue at a time. Further, the president should have a line item veto to stop this crap if congress won't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast