Thread: RESET RELAY QUESTION

Post Likes

RESET RELAY QUESTION

I am looking for a reset relay that will work in series with an IDEC relay, the one I have just dims the red led on the relay but does not drop it out, any ideal of a good relay would be great, thanks.

Post Likes
    usually reset relays are 350 ohms??

if it just brings on the pilot lamp?

I would guess you have too much resistance?

I would ohm out the relay coil and get one with a litttle less resistance or try to increase the current??

have you tried aa bigger transformer/ a 40 or 50 VA??????

Quote Originally Posted by acjourneyman View Post
    I am looking for a reset relay that will work in series with an IDEC relay, the one I have just dims the red led on the relay but does not drop it out, any ideal of a good relay would be great, thanks.
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes
    The run relay stays energized, meaning the reset relay ohms are too low. I need to find a higher impedance relay coil.

Post Likes
    I would contact ICM tech support. They have some sharp folks that can help you with this. 1-800-365-5525.
    It might get loud!

Post Likes
    Duke,

is that speakers in your avatar???????

Quote Originally Posted by duke of earl View Post
    I would contact ICM tech support. They have some sharp folks that can help you with this. 1-800-365-5525.

Post Likes
    It is a guitar amplifier that I built. The speakers are custom alnico magnet made in America. I'm into vacuum tube circuitry and audio electronics as a hobby which has turned into a side business.
    It might get loud!

Post Likes
    that is cool!!!!!!!

one of the guys at work is into that stuff too!

he is on some forums like this one but for vacuum tube stuff!

It is a guitar amplifier that I built. The speakers are custom alnico magnet made in America. I'm into vacuum tube circuitry and audio electronics as a hobby which has turned into a side business.

Post Likes
    Me too. Audio electronics is harder than rocket science. Just pick up a book on it and you will lose interest real quick! I'm still learning the basics of circuit design but I usually just copy a vintage circuit and tweak the tone shaping section.
    It might get loud!

Post Likes
    I know nothing about it?
    I am sure I would enjoy it and may some day once my life slows down a little?

Me too. Audio electronics is harder than rocket science. Just pick up a book on it and you will lose interest real quick! I'm still learning the basics of circuit design but I usually just copy a vintage circuit and tweak the tone shaping section.

Post Likes
    The reset relay definitely needs to be of a higher impedance than the run relay.

Even with an AC coil, you can determine that by resistance measured with a DC powered meter. About two to one, I think is a good place to start. It's been a while since I've had to teach that principle.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in